Detroit fans

bzhippos

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
We only have one reliable pitcher, and our offense isn't that good, and maybe even worse then the twins.

I don't know, coming as someone who watches your games from the 'outside' so to speak, I would say your offense is still much better even with some recent struggles, and your 2-5 pitchers are much better than Minnesota's right now, although if Liriano can come back...

QUOTE(IloveGload @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Anyone go onto the tigers page?

The poll question is which team is not going to make it to the playoffs them us or the twins.

No doubt we are leading in votes by a lot.

Is it just because we won last year that we are constantly crapped on?

I think everyone is rooting for us to fail this year except for us fans.

:gosox1:

I think some Sox fans are also rooting for us to lose, the way they have posted going back a month1/2

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 03:30 AM)
I think some Sox fans are also rooting for us to lose, the way they have posted going back a month1/2

That's the impression I'm getting also. It seems some Sox fans are calling it a season already.

We can't throw in the towel on the season yet, there are still 20 some games to go yet. During the Tigers slump which isn't over yet even though they won last night, if we could have beaten the teams we're supposed to beat we'd be in first place.

Edited by whitesox1976

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
You're assuming the Sox sweep the Indians which I just don't see happening.

That's why I said "I'd love to see the Tigers and Sox sweep".

I wasn't predicting anything, I was saying what I'd like to see.

A three-team race to the wire would be very interesting, and fun to watch.

But now that the Sox crapped their pants last night, I'm just hoping they win the next three and I don't give a sh*t WHO wins the Tigers/Twins games.

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
I just haven't had much to say. I've stopped by to read what everyone was saying, but I figure if I don't have anything intelligent to say I shouldn't post.

I have NO IDEA who will make it. This weekend will be telling but its not the final call. It should be fun, extremely maddening but fun.

Double ditto here. I really can't say much. I remember seeing a Palehose Six comic a couple days ago where Carl drew Count talking about the ups and the downs as the Palehose Six rode a roller-coaster series of waves. The major issue with these last three or four weeks is that the ups have been so high and the downs so low that it's hard to get an idea where the midpoint is, and reactionary posts are pretty much the order of the day. Since I don't feel like getting into :chair -type discussions, I figure I'll just sit back and watch everyone else do so. And save my strength for the playoffs, because it's almost a guarantee that at least one of the Sox or Tigers will make the playoffs. (And I'm still hoping for both. :gosox1: )

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Twinsfans>>>>>>>>>>any Detroit fans.

You know, I used to dislike Sox fans more than a little bit until I started reading here at Soxtalk. After a while of reading some of the sarcasm and humor and also intelligence, I felt that this was a fun board and therefore signed up to it. And I will admit that I was wrong to dislike Sox fans; you guys are nowhere near the fairweather fans that I've seen from other franchises, and while I'm not a Sox fan your passion has at least led to my conclusions at the top (that I would also like to see the Sox get to the playoffs) It's not exactly a rooting interest, but it's at least some weird kind of fan empathy...

While I understand that your opinions are purely your own, I also hope that you've at least subjected yourself to a representative number of us and that a couple bad apples aren't spoiling your views of Tiger fans. :cheers