Need some help

GASHWOUND

I need some help on using WordPerfect 10.... I need to make some flyers for somebody and need/want to add some clipart to the 4 corners(of the flyer) depicting images related to what's going to happen at this festival..There's gonna be music/food/games/fireworks and stuff like that and want maybe a pic of food or a guitar or a pic showing there's gonna be games there and junk..I think you guys get the picture.

Anyways, the person made a flyer at her work using MicrosoftWord, but it was in black/white and she wants color added to it. But there aren't that many pics in the scrapbook and none of them depict what I want to add...For one, can you add pics/graphics to the scrap book and how the hell do you do it? And are there websites with some good clipart that I can find what I need?

Where it says All Categories it has all the clipart images that came with the WorldPerfect 10 and under that is says Favorites that folder is empty...I'm guessing i can add clipart and images into that folder to later insert in the WordPerfect document..but how do you add clipart to that folder..

Hope people just understood what i babbled up there and could help me out..thanks

I need some help on using WordPerfect 10.... I need to make some flyers for somebody and need/want to add some clipart to the 4 corners(of the flyer) depicting images related to what's going to happen at this festival..There's gonna be music/food/games/fireworks and stuff like that and want maybe a pic of food or a guitar or a pic showing there's gonna be games there and junk..I think you guys get the picture.

Anyways, the person made a flyer at her work using MicrosoftWord, but it was in black/white and she wants color added to it. But there aren't that many pics in the scrapbook and none of them depict what I want to add...For one, can you add pics/graphics to the scrap book and how the hell do you do it? And are there websites with some good clipart that I can find what I need? 

Where it says All Categories it has all the clipart images that came with the WorldPerfect 10 and under that is says Favorites that folder is empty...I'm guessing i can add clipart and images into that folder to later insert in the WordPerfect document..but how do you add clipart to that folder..

Hope people just understood what i babbled up there and could help me out..thanks

I don’t have WordPerfect so i can’t give you any specific advise but you may find the clipart you need through one of these pages.

http://www.attbi.com/cgi-bin/websearch?cmd...0+%22clipart%22

I don’t know how to add them but search through the menus and look for an import option. If that doesn’t exist or you can get it to work, using windows explorer, look for the directory (probably in the WordPerfect folder somewhere) where the clipart is saved and copy the files manually. The favorites menu is probably just a shortcut method so you don’t have to go through the menus.

If you cant get it to work, and no one else knows how just let me know and i will download the program and figure it out.

I don’t have WordPerfect so i can’t give you any specific advise but you may find the clipart you need through one of these pages.

http://www.attbi.com/cgi-bin/websearch?cmd...0+%22clipart%22

I don’t know how to add them but search through the menus and look for an import option. If that doesn’t exist or you can get it to work, using windows explorer, look for the directory (probably in the WordPerfect folder somewhere) where the clipart is saved and copy the files manually. The favorites menu is probably just a shortcut method so you don’t have to go through the menus.

If you cant get it to work, and no one else knows how just let me know and i will download the program and figure it out.

OK, in my scrapbook where the current clipart is saved and stored that came with the WordPerfect has 4 options to the right of it....FIND

Import Clips

internet

options

I clicked on Import clips and another box appears called inser File-clipart and has already 7 folders already on it like "animals" etc...These are the clipart that's already in the scrapbook.

Then at the bottom it has FILE NAME ".cdr"".cmx"".eps"".eps"".wmf"".wpg"

and in the drag down box below that it's called FILE TYPE and it says ALL PICTURES, but the drag down box has more options like ALL PHOTOS "bmp" "gif" jpeg" "jpg" etc....

I'm guessing this is where you can add clipart somehow, but don't know how :huh:

I don't know, I confused myself...

silly question but did you go into the help screen. I am looking at it now and their are some topics about clipart and scarpebooks. Would like to help further, but I never used clipart or scrapebooks in Wordperfect 10. I just found it easier to buy printshop where you can make newsleatters etc.

silly question but did you go into the help screen.  I am looking at it now and their are some topics about clipart and scarpebooks.  Would like to help further, but I never used clipart or scrapebooks in Wordperfect 10.  I just found it easier to buy printshop where you can make newsleatters etc.

I saw that but it didn't help me none..

WordPerfect must f***in suck, nobody uses it or even has it..sheesh

I don't know why my WindowsXP didn't come with Microsoft Word :angry:

Welcome aboard CLR. 

Thanks

Hey I had WordPerfect 10 after all.

Okay Gash,

Download or create the files you wish to import into WordPerfect. Note the location they are saved to and the file type, you will need to know these to find them later.

Open WordPerfect go to insert....graphics....and then select either clipart or from file.

Under clipart

1. Click import clipart.

2. With the scroll down labeled "look in" find the directory you saved the desired graphics to.

3. Next go down to the "file type" scroll down box and choose the file type of your graphic.

4. Your files should now be listed in the large white box. Select it and click open. On the scrapbook item properties click OK unless you want to change the category (the default is my favorites).

Your graphic should now be saved to your scrap book, open it and find it. It will be listed under My favorites and one of the four tabs at the top (clipart, photos, sounds movies).

From file

1. Click from file..

2. follow steps 2-4 above.

The picture will be automatically inserted into the document. It will not be saved to your scrap book.

When finished go to computer store and get Microsoft office.

Hope this helps.

Welcome aboard CLR. 

Thanks

Hey I had WordPerfect 10 after all.

Okay Gash,

Download or create the files you wish to import into WordPerfect. Note the location they are saved to and the file type, you will need to know these to find them later.

Open WordPerfect go to insert....graphics....and then select either clipart or from file.

Under clipart

1. Click import clipart.

2. With the scroll down labeled "look in" find the directory you saved the desired graphics to.

3. Next go down to the "file type" scroll down box and choose the file type of your graphic.

4. Your files should now be listed in the large white box. Select it and click open. On the scrapbook item properties click OK unless you want to change the category (the default is my favorites).

Your graphic should now be saved to your scrap book, open it and find it. It will be listed under My favorites and one of the four tabs at the top (clipart, photos, sounds movies).

From file

1. Click from file..

2. follow steps 2-4 above.

The picture will be automatically inserted into the document. It will not be saved to your scrap book.

When finished go to computer store and get Microsoft office.

Hope this helps.

I'll try it later tonight, thanks...