Defining Moments of 2006

Gregory Pratt

No LIE....I blacked out after the AJ home run :lolhitting

I can laugh now, but it was scary.

We were sitting in 107. I had thoughts of the Dodgers game runnign through my head. I turned to my brother and mentioned that AJ is going to do it again. The BAM. There it goes!!!

I jumped up(as did everyone else) into th aisle and jumped up and down screaming as the ball sailed into the stands. Then the next thing I see is the back of the chair infront of me as my wife and friends are asking me if I'm OK. The fireworks were still going off and as I sat I saw the celebration forming as AJ rounded the bases. So this lasted but a second. I felt fine and was completly aware. But MAN what this team does to me...LOL

So anyway the Doctor I saw afterwards explained it was a Vasovagal syncope caused by sitting for a long time and jumping up too quickly(i'm sure the beers helped, too). Most people would get light-headed, but you can pass out for a brief second too. I'm fine. But it was weird.

My advice...If AJ has the chance to win a game...stand-up slowly before he swings.

Aj makes me swoon, I guess. :wub:

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
No LIE....I blacked out after the AJ home run :lolhitting

I can laugh now, but it was scary.

We were sitting in 107. I had thoughts of the Dodgers game runnign through my head. I turned to my brother and mentioned that AJ is going to do it again. The BAM. There it goes!!!

I jumped up(as did everyone else) into th aisle and jumped up and down screaming as the ball sailed into the stands. Then the next thing I see is the back of the chair infront of me as my wife and friends are asking me if I'm OK. The fireworks were still going off and as I sat I saw the celebration forming as AJ rounded the bases. So this lasted but a second. I felt fine and was completly aware. But MAN what this team does to me...LOL

So anyway the Doctor I saw afterwards explained it was a Vasovagal syncope caused by sitting for a long time and jumping up too quickly(i'm sure the beers helped, too). Most people would get light-headed, but you can pass out for a brief second too. I'm fine. But it was weird.

My advice...If AJ has the chance to win a game...stand-up slowly before he swings.

Aj makes me swoon, I guess. :wub:

Did anyone swipe your wallet while you passed?!

;)

Great story!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
It really was a great moment.

Great call by Hawk.

Those fans were going crazy. I wonder if any were dumb enough to

leave early.

I bet most stayed to watch the dramatics.

Did AJ really toss the bat toward the Tribe dugout? Awesome.

Yeah, my b**** a** brother. I gave him tickets to the game and he left when they were winning 3-4, boy did he miss a good finish.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
I think we all just witnessed a flash back from last season when AJ walked off the dodgers.

I was at that game and thought the exact same thing when I heard he had won the game.

For me its between the A.J. walk hr and the Gload gs in Baltimore