Your predictions for the 11/7 Congressional Election

NorthSideSox72

Congressional Elections, 11/7 - result?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen, when all votes are counted from 11/7?

• GOP retains both chambers
    • GOP keeps House, loses Senate
    • GOP keeps Senate, loses House
    • Dems take both chambers
    • Senate 50-50, GOP keeps House
    • Senate 50-50, Dems take House

50-50 Senate = a Republican Senate. Dick Cheney, as President of the Senate would cast the tie-breaking vote.

I see Democratic Pickups in PA, OH, MT, RI, MO or TN (but not both)

I see a disputed vote total in VA and/or TN.

I see Democratic Retention in NJ and MD (although depending on what the NJ Supreme Court says in two hours may affect the senate race poorly for Menendez.)

I see a 50-50 Senate and a 229-206 House for the Dems.

The GOP is in heavy competition in something like 60 races in the House at this point, with something in the range of 20 looking like they're about to flip, maybe more depending on the next 2 weeks and the size of any tide.

The Senate is a different story, and their firewall/race baiting strategy might just be enough to hold on to seats in Missouri, Virginia, and Tennessee. Montana is still up in the air also, but Mr. Burns does seem to have a little momentum.

The Dems will probably take the house, and the Republicans will hold on to the Senate by a narrow margin.

I see MO, VA and TN as being toss ups... and AZ is even moving in that direction given the last couple polls....

I think it will be between 51-49 on either side of the aisle after November 7.

I should say too that the RCCC has pretty much written off 14 Congressional seats as losses. There are no serious challenges to Dem held seats this year. I think we are looking at 25-30 seat gains for the Democrats.