SunTimes All Chicago Team

Texsox

Cubs? Sox? How 'bout the best of both?

June 19, 2003

BY CAROL SLEZAK STAFF REPORTER Advertisement

Either you're a Cubs fan or a Sox fan, and there's little common ground between you. And that's OK. The city is big enough for both of you. (Long may you bicker.) But there can be only one All-Chicago team, consisting of the best players from the Cubs and Sox. And this is it

FIRST BASE

*All-Chicago Team: Frank Thomas

SECOND BASE

*All-Chicago Team: Mark Grudzielanek

SHORTSTOP

*All-Chicago Team: Alex Gonzalez

THIRD BASE

*All-Chicago Team: Joe Crede

CATCHER

*All-Chicago Team: Damian Miller

RIGHT FIELD

*All-Chicago Team: Magglio Ordonez

CENTER FIELD

*All-Chicago Team: Corey Patterson

LEFT FIELD

*All-Chicago Team: Carlos Lee

STARTING PITCHING

*All-Chicago Team: Esteban Loaiza

RELIEF PITCHING

*All-Chicago Team: Joe Borowski

MANAGERS

*All-Chicago Team: Dusty Baker

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

*All-Chicago MVP: Mark Prior

Does it seem strange I would take Alou over Lee?

Lee runs bases better, is better defensively, makes a third of what Alou makes, is 10 years younger and even their RBI production is a wash.

(Plus he is flashier and better looking, with a much better nickname. No contest.)

What a joke.  Sammy has better numbers when healthy than Maggs while Alou has had a much better year then Carlos.

samme has 6 home runs for the year - I just don't understand your complaint here.

and committing actions to get you suspended is not worthy of a team player, just my opinion.

samme has 6 home runs for the year - I just don't understand your complaint here.

and committing actions to get you suspended is not worthy of a team player, just my opinion.

I'm saying if he didn't have an injury that kept him out 3 weeks. He is hitting over .300 or at least I think he is and was playing really good until his injury.

Magglio just hasn't been his typical self. He gets the nod cause he's played the games, but this is the best player, not the best team player, and player wise, Sosa is better, imo.

Now when Maggs stops trying to pull the ball and hit homers and raises his average, I'll change my story.

Magglio just hasn't been his typical self.  He gets the nod cause he's played the games, but this is the best player, not the best team player, and player wise, Sosa is better, imo.

Now when Maggs stops trying to pull the ball and hit homers and raises his average, I'll change my story.

Maggs has one more homer than he did at this time last year. I know homers aren't the only stat. I'm just making a point.

P.S. Didn't we do this a couple of weeks ago? Maybe Slezak is browsing the boards. :huh: