Thomas for Colon?

NUKE_CLEVELAND

well, if the Sox were jagoffs they can give Thomas 350,000 and then deal him for Colon. perhaps the Expos would take it then.

of course, would we really want to give up Thomas at 350,000?

no high priced guys will be given up for Colon. anyone making more than 3 mil will stay put.

Originally posted by Molto

well, if the Sox were jagoffs they can give Thomas 350,000 and then deal him for Colon.  perhaps the Expos would take it then.

of course, would we really want to give up Thomas at 350,000?

no high priced guys will be given up for Colon.  anyone making more than 3 mil will stay put.

Yeah, but there's still all that guaranteed money that Thomas has to get still. I dont think the 'Spos have 40 mil laying around.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmmm does anyone remember back to the middle of the season when we could have had colon for almost nothing???? its going to cost us a plethroa now.......he aint coming here anytime soon.. :**** kenny williams

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1hmmm does anyone remember back to the middle of the season when we could have had colon for almost nothing???? its going to cost us a plethroa now.......he aint coming here anytime soon.. :**** kenny williams

What? The Indians took the Expos in that deal.

They landed the best minor league shorstop in the entire minors as well as some premiere pitching prospects if I recall correctly.

Brandon Phillips is a power hitting shortstop that is supposed to be the real deal with power to hit 30 plus homers.

Ian, am I right on them acquiring some front line pitchers? I thought they landed at least one real good pitcher.

Guest hotsoxchick1

prospects and minor players.. you know what its going to cost us to land him here now.. we could have afforded those a while ago... now it will cost us regular everyday players.... and probably a few minors to boot...........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1prospects and minor players.. you know what its going to cost us to land him here now.. we could have afforded those a while ago... now it will cost us regular everyday players.... and probably a few minors to boot...........

Maybe Lee and a few other minor league guys. That's it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

exactly .. nothing proven yet.... and now we would have to give up at least two proven players not to mention part of what we have left in the farm... its just not worth it........besides you all know how well we do with vet pitchers... remember d. wells and ritchie???? im afraid colon would be much of the same here........we dont need it.........

Michelle, the Sox can't be afraid to make moves simply because past ones haven't panned out for whatever reasons. If we do that then the Sox will always live in mediocrity, something I am very sick of.

I say make the deal, as long as we don't have to give up any of our core players and that we will still be able to have all the position players we need, etc.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well jason just who in the hell are you going to give up ????? theres no one left........lol... we cant make this deal cause it will cost us a ton... positioinal players as well as their counter part backups down on the farm... it aint worth it for one season.... you know damn right well they wont sign colon to any longer deal than one year.....maybe two if hes lucky.... hell with it.... we wont be a contending team untill that way of thinking stops... we need players and we need them for longer than one or two years to develope into our program and get us to a contending place once again..... we live in mediocracy under jr and kenny and will untill someone gets in there and isnt afraid to sign key guys to long term deals and spend a bit of cash in the mean time.... face facts and stop fooling yourself............

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Well we could easily give up Carlos Lee or even Aaron Rowand cause we have Joe Borchard waiting in the wings.

We could also package Jose Valentin, but I don't think they want him.

We also have a plethora of pitching prospects that we can offer.

ok so lee or rowand.. it will probably cost us both though.....and if we give them up then what do we do in the outfield with noone to back up borchard or even leifer if we use him out there as well......we dont have anyone ready enough down below to take over everyday.....if we give up valentin then we are in the same situation.. we have to rely on jimenez each day??? and no one once again in the minors ready to take over every day..... we cant afford to give up any pitching either... as you can see from our bull pen situation we dont even have a capable starter outside of mark buehrle.......were f***ed either way you look at it...we cant spare any parts cause we just dont have them......

I want the chubby latino b****!

Get him here!!!!

Give up Rauch/Honel/Ring

Whoever we need pitching now! We've been hoping these young guns pan out for 5 or 6 years now! Garland/Welles/Fogg are the only ones who seemingly have panned out...... 2 for another team.