Interesting trade idea

southsider2k5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, just after I said you were very mature. But whatever, I was gonna say the same thing, lol... :lol:

I wasnt trying to be mean or immature but seriously, who gives a s***! If the Cubs did that trade, they trade away there best pitcher and if the Pirates trade Giles for Weaver they might as well contract themselves immediately!

Just saw someone mention this, and was curious what other people thought.

Albert Pujols to the Cubs for Mark Prior.

I wouldn't do it if I were the Cubs. Stud pitching beats Stud hitting.

I do think thats as fair as it would get though. I don't think there could be any straight up trade that would be closer.

I happened to be thinking yesterday of what the Cubs would think of with this package. Jose Valentin and Bartolo Colon to the Cubs (Or Mark Buehrle) and the Sox get Carlos Zambrono and Juan Cruz or that Guzman kid in return.

I was also thinking that since the Cubs have fallen out of favor with Bobby Hill that he could be had for Jose Valentin and a reliever. Although this would be a very tough sell.

I know, but I just thought it was rather ironic.

And I mean, Pujols is a darn good hitter so its just which do you value more? Pitching or hitting? Take your choice. But its the Cubs and Cards, I could care less...

See!

I do think thats as fair as it would get though. I don't think there could be any straight up trade that would be closer.

I happened to be thinking yesterday of what the Cubs would think of with this package. Jose Valentin and Bartolo Colon to the Cubs (Or Mark Buehrle) and the Sox get Carlos Zambrono and Juan Cruz or that Guzman kid in return.

I was also thinking that since the Cubs have fallen out of favor with Bobby Hill that he could be had for Jose Valentin and a reliever. Although this would be a very tough sell.

I wouldn't want Bobby Hill and Scott Borass on the southside. We already had the disaster of drafting that no talent ass clown. No thank you.

Thats a rip off deal! why would the Sox even consider that deal! Val and Bart to the Cubs for anyone is a rip!

I wouldn't want Bobby Hill and Scott Borass on the southside. We already had the disaster of drafting that no talent ass clown. No thank you.

Well, I want to find a way to get Carlos Zambrono. I'd love having him on our pitching staff. He's a younger, cheaper Bartolo Colon in a sense. He has an amazing arm and is a workhorse. Plus throw in Cruz and you get two dynamite arms.

I think if the Sox gave the Cubs a hitter or two and Colon they could lure some damn good players.

Thats a rip off deal! why would the Sox even consider that deal! Val and Bart to the Cubs for anyone is a rip!

I dunno, to me Zambrono is going to be the best of all the Cubs pitchers. The guy is flat filthy and I think he's only 20 or 21.

We drafted Hill? :huh:

Yeah he held out for the whole year and went back into the draft. The "negotiations" were BS Borass asked for a ton of money and we wouldn't give it to him. End of story.

Yeah he held out for the whole year and went back into the draft. The "negotiations" were BS Borass asked for a ton of money and we wouldn't give it to him. End of story.

Im glad we didnt! what has Hill done for the Cubs lately (besides make errors!)

How can you guys not like Zambrano? The only problem the kid has is his control. He is a sinker ball pitcher, which I love because it usually means few HR's and a lot of DP's. Sure enough the kid has only given up 4 HR's in 97 innings of work and 12 DP's, not to mention an ERA under 3. His stuff is electric and he is a workhorse. I think the comparison to a young Colon is very accurate. The kid just turned 22 and going to get better. I would love to see the Sox get their hands on this kid, but it isn't going to happen. They will trade Cruz before they trade Zambrano. In order to get Zambrano the Sox would probably have to give up Crede along with Colon(and that still might not be enough to get him). Its scary how talented some of these young Cubs pitchers are. From what I here that Guzman kid in the minors might turn out to be the best in the bunch. How come the Sox pitchers can't live up to the hype built up for them in the minors?

holy f*** if the yankees get brian giles (or ryan klesko, who i've also heard mentioned) for jeff weaver i'm gonna tear my hair out. jeff weaver is terrible, we could give up better value with two aa pitchers.

Well, I want to find a way to get Carlos Zambrono. I'd love having him on our pitching staff. He's a younger, cheaper Bartolo Colon in a sense. He has an amazing arm and is a workhorse. Plus throw in Cruz and you get two dynamite arms.

I think if the Sox gave the Cubs a hitter or two and Colon they could lure some damn good players.

This might put me on and Island by myself but all things considered (current contract situations etc..) but if the Cubs called and offered Carlos Zambrano for Bartolo Colon, I would do it in a heart beat. And if they wanted to add in Juan Cruz for Jose Valentin I would do it twice as quick.

southside, you are not by yourself. Zambrano is a future ace. He is a mix of a young Colon and Brown. Like I pointed out the thing that I like most about him is that he is a sinker/groundball pitcher. Only 4 HR's in 97 innings and 12 DP's is amazing. His stuff is electric and he just turned 22 so he is probably only going to get better. He is a workhorse as well. For the 2nd straight start in a row(for him) the Cubs bullpen was worn out and he eat up innings while keeping his team in it. That is the kind of pitcher you love to have on your staff. Lets face the facts, the chances that the Sox sign Colon is slim to none so trading him for Zambrano would be a great trade any way you slice it(much better then compensation via draft picks). To be honest with you I would do that trade even if the Sox had Colon signed for another year after this. The only problem is that there is no way that the Cubs would give up this kid. Cruz maybe, Zambrano no way.