Interesting trade idea

southsider2k5

Has anyone considered that if we did trade Colon for Zambrano(and what not else), that the Cubs rotation would be Colon, Wood, Prior, Clement, and Estes?

Do you realize that if the Cubs win the series before us, we are royally f***ed?  I could care less if we got Zambrano, Cruz, Guzman, Patterson, and who not else.  We would be forgotten.

I don't care if the Cubs win if it helps us as well. But thats because I have nothing against the Cubs. I typically root for them unless they are playing the Sox.

What that is, my friend, is heresy of the first order.

(I ain't kidding either. As an admin, what kind of an example are you setting? Shame.)

Lol. I didn't say I was proud of it. It was once a coin flip when it came to the two teams playing eachother. This series, I was swearing whenever the Cubs did something good.

More and more the tide is shifting towards the Silver and Black.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered that if we did trade Colon for Zambrano(and what not else), that the Cubs rotation would be Colon, Wood, Prior, Clement, and Estes?

Do you realize that if the Cubs win the series before us, we are royally f***ed?  I could care less if we got Zambrano, Cruz, Guzman, Patterson, and who not else.  We would be forgotten.

I don't care if the Cubs win if it helps us as well. But thats because I have nothing against the Cubs. I typically root for them unless they are playing the Sox.

No Sox fan roots for the Cubs, EVER, case closed.

Lol. I didn't say I was proud of it. It was once a coin flip when it came to the two teams playing eachother.

**begins to stick pins, complete with muttering and grotesque grimacing**

This series, I was swearing whenever the Cubs did something good

More and more the tide is shifting towards the Silver and Black.

**puts the doll away, lights up a cigarette only for the second time in his life"

There is no player in baseball right now I'd trade Pujols for straight up, that's how good he is.

If Carlos Beltran, barely 26, but only if could ever get his OPS to 1000/RBI total to 120-130, he would be at least as valuable as Pujols if you factor in GG-caliber defense in CF and amazing running skills. His stick is coming around.

Mark Prior is very close to a "can't refuse" status, provided of course that you have a Crede-like replacement at 3rd. Ditto for Pedro.

Soriano, the way he played early this season, may eventually become more valuable than Pujols. His D. will only get stronger.

A-Rod, too, except that his 25 Mill tag is too much.

I am sure I missing someone here.

Prior is good, dont get me wrong. But pitchers get hurt too easily. I bet the Cards would love to have him but if he gets a severe career ending injury and the Cards gave up Pujols for him, it would nearly make up for that Broglio-Brock disaster between the two rivals...

The Scrubs are friggen chokes man! Geez, those cocks choke worse than us! Theyll never win a series. But then again, we may never either... :D

Let me put it this way: even if they only reach the WS, it would be disasterous for the Sox.

And considering what Marlins did in '97, Padres in '98, Twins and Angels in 2002..and knowing what we know of their top 3 (Prior-Wood-Zambie)...all they need is to somehow crawl into postseason and it's all a crapshoot thereafter.

It's not like Cards, Dodgers and Astros are all that...All they need is Lowell and they automatically become the second best team in NL. Scary stuff.

The Scrubs will choke before they even get there. Just like in 98! And really, if we could start playing with fundamentals, we might beat em there!

With that starting rotation, if they make the playoffs, they very well can win the whole enchilada.

WHO PUT THIS GUY IN CHARGE??? WE NEED A MUTINY!!!

That is exactly why I don't see a deal that big ever happening between these two crosstown rivalries. It's too much risk for either team and things could turn out ugly.

The Scrubs will choke before they even get there. Just like in 98! And really, if we could start playing with fundamentals, we might beat em there!

First of all, you tend to choke more often when Don Baylor is your manager. Dusty Baker managed a team last year that was 6 outs away from a World Series victory, and that was pure luck that the Angels pulled that out. Down 5-0 and Dusty brings one of his stud relievers, and he chokes. He then brought in Nen, possibly the toughest pitcher to hit in the Giant bullpen, and he surrenders the lead. Nothing you can do about that.

Second of all....who were the Cubs starting pitchers in 1998? We they even CLOSE to being as good as Wood-Prior-Clement-Zambrano are?

Third, this statement for some odd reason, bugs me

And really, if we could start playing with fundamentals, we might beat em there!

I wonder why

What about Mags and Garland to the Blue Jays for Vernon Wells and prospects? 

Would anyone do this?

They'd have to be top notch prospects, not another Jon Adkins type of deal.

J.P. Riccardi (or however u spell his name) the GM of the Jays worked with Beane in Oakland. He's the type that will screw you over in big trades.

CWSOX45