For what's it's worth ...

YASNY

Harris' future is DEFINATELY in CF! This guy is amazing. He's a better flyball fielder than a ground ball fielder. He made a lot of mistakes at 2B in Spring Training. Prospects and Valentin can be moved for Freddy Sanchez. Then Rauch and Jimenez and prospects for Castillo! WOW!

Lee Harris Ordonez in th outfield

Sanchez, Castillo, Crede, Thomas in the Infield

And Olivo at Catcher!

What upside! A mix of Vets and Youngins!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harris' future is DEFINATELY in CF! This guy is amazing. He's a better flyball fielder than a ground ball fielder. He made a lot of mistakes at 2B in Spring Training. Prospects and Valentin can be moved for Freddy Sanchez. Then Rauch and Jimenez and prospects for Castillo! WOW!

And Olivo at Catcher!

I wouldn't say Harris is amazing. He's only patrolling til Borchard is ready anyway, he probably won't be a major league starter during his career. Of course, that's just my opinion. He'll fit into the mold of a late inning defensive replacement/pinch runner type deal and will be very valuable there.

And Olivo at Catcher!

Think of it this way. You move Rauch and Jimenez and a prospect for Castillo.

To acquire Sanchez (An Idea I like) you'd have to be giving the Red Sox Koch (They do need a closer) or Colon or a package of both or a package of Colon and Flash.

Then I believe you could get Fossum, Sanchez and Nixon in return. There is some doubt that the Sox could get all this from Boston. Aaron Rowand may be included, etc.

Next you package Valentin to the Cubs for whatever you can get. I'd try to find one of their power arms thats not as highly touted.

Still, while trading a prospect in Rauch you'd replace him with Fossum (Plus, right now I don't really know if Rauch is one of the best Sox pitching prospects in the term of "upside"; although he is one of the closest to being ready). You have Harris to play center so you have no worries there (Harris is going to be a starter next year, I can almost guarantee it. I really see him figuring things out every game now and he's only getting better; with his speed that is an incredible asset).

Then the Sox try to move Carlos Lee or Paul Konerko if they can get something of value for them.

Either way you got a hell of a top of the lineup and the Sox have quickly went (From basically 2 trades) from a slow team to a fast team that can play defense.

2nd - Castillo

cf - Harris

1st - Thomas

rf - Ordonez

DH - Daubach

LF - Nixon

3rd - Crede

C - Olivo

ss - Sanchez

Another option is hitting Nixon in the 2 hole with Harris and Sanchez in the back of the lineup.

Olivo, Nixon, Sanchez, Castillo, and Harris all have plus speed. Ordonez has good speed while Crede, Thomas and Daubach don't, but none are Konerko.

Bench: Konerko or Carlos (If its Carlos you'll see him get a lot of playing time; I'd move Carlos for someone like Sidney Ponson as a replacement for Colon; Sox may have to add someone), Graffy, Alomar Jr (Next year Rivera), Rios (Don't like him though, so late in the season they may call up Borchard and put him on the playoff roster, if they make it).

Rotation

Loaiza

Buehrle

Ponson

Garland

Wright

Not quite as good, but still good. The biggest flaw is the Sox would of lost a reliever, but Ginter or Ring could come up as could Munoz, imo.

I don't know if the team could do it this year, because there would be some weakness in the pen, but it would be built for the long haul and they would of cut payroll to the point that they could go with this team on the most part next season.

I like your Idea's but is Fossum a SP or RP?

Oh damn, I forgot about Fossum. He could start or relieve. If he starts then you bump Wright to the pen, and I know many here think he'd make a hell of a reliever.

That makes the pen a bit stronger then I first thought of. The team would have a chance, imo.

But there is no guarantee those trades could be made.

Wow Jas! You's make a great GM! (Can I be assistant GM?)

Depends if your price is right. I know Cerbaho and I always mutter about being a GM combo. He's the stats guy, I'm the scouting type guy. I figured it be a great mixture.

But I'd make sure to get you involved some how.

Still, I do think GM's don't get near as much credit. Their are a ton of things they have to do that I'm sure most of us have no clue they do or just don't think about.

If their job was simply trading and putting together the 25 man roster, I'd say it was easier, but they have a ton of things to do. Thats why they work 24/7 pretty much.

Alternative Idea. If Sox are out of it, they may want to move Daubach or Carlos Lee.

Well if Lee for Ponson doesn't slide, I think one guy I'd like is Guillermo Mota, although I wouldn't do that trade straight up. Now if they wanted to do Daubach for Mota, that would be sweet.

Supposedly Mota is the one guy they would move on the roster if it was for a trade. They'd also move Beltre of course, but they want a lot for him.

Just another random idea.

When it comes to the Red or the White there is plenty of bias, too many times to mention here on both sox :huh:

I don't see it. I think you are paranoid. If he says something bad, it is because they deserve it. Everything I have ever heard him say about the Sox has been more than fair.

How about wanting to contract us?

I don't really see it as a "hate" but more of a fan bias. Gammons has made no apologies for being a Red Sox fan.

Additionally, put your feelings towards the White Sox aside and look objectively at what Gammons said about contracting the White Sox and you'll find out that he makes some good points. Face it Sox fans..... JR has killed White Sox Baseball in Chicago. Only way to get fans out to the ballpark now is to field the best team in the ML's. Sad..... but true.

Alternative Idea.  If Sox are out of it, they may want to move Daubach or Carlos Lee. 

Well if Lee for Ponson doesn't slide, I think one guy I'd like is Guillermo Mota, although I wouldn't do that trade straight up.  Now if they wanted to do Daubach for Mota, that would be sweet.

Supposedly Mota is the one guy they would move on the roster if it was for a trade.  They'd also move Beltre of course, but they want a lot for him.

Adrian Beltre could be one of the biggest busts in the past 10 years...the hype around that guy was (is) ridiculous...Dodgers signed him when he was what, 16?

Alternative Idea.  If Sox are out of it, they may want to move Daubach or Carlos Lee. 

Well if Lee for Ponson doesn't slide, I think one guy I'd like is Guillermo Mota, although I wouldn't do that trade straight up.  Now if they wanted to do Daubach for Mota, that would be sweet.

Supposedly Mota is the one guy they would move on the roster if it was for a trade.  They'd also move Beltre of course, but they want a lot for him.

Adrian Beltre could be one of the biggest busts in the past 10 years...the hype around that guy was (is) ridiculous...Dodgers signed him when he was what, 16?

I still don't understand how Brooks Kieshniek hasn't become a Thome-like slugger.

I read some of the scouting reports/articles on him from way back and that dude was supposed to have batspeed and strenght second to none coming out of college even if his swing was a bit on the long side...Wow stupid Flubbies sure did mishandle the kid.

Good.

I don't really see it as a "hate" but more of a fan bias. Gammons has made no apologies for being a Red Sox fan.

Additionally, put your feelings towards the White Sox aside and look objectively at what Gammons said about contracting the White Sox and you'll find out that he makes some good points. Face it Sox fans..... JR has killed White Sox Baseball in Chicago. Only way to get fans out to the ballpark now is to field the best team in the ML's. Sad..... but true.

I don't disagree with you at all about ownership. I've seen the fur fly on this issue even worse than Frank Thomas, Jose Valentin, Royce Clayton combined. I have never been comfortable with this ownership group, not in 1981, not now. Lease or no lease, I'm not convinced the Sox will always be in Chicago. The country has undergone significant demographic shifts in my lifetime. Chicago is not the big deal it was when I was a kid. The LA metro area has double the population of Chicago now. As for Gammons, he just comes across as another self important east coast elitist type. Having lived outside of Chicagoland since 1985 it is my observation that most sports fans across the country have a negative attitude towards the Sox vis a vis the Cubs. Many times the Sox don't even seem to be on fans radar in any way at all.

As for Gammons, he just comes across as another self important east coast elitist type

Which would be fine if only he could come up with anything remotely insightful or unique...When was the last time he said something you couldn't get from one of the Socre hacks?