Idea...

BearSox

An Idea popped into my mind, and I decided to share it. To create more activity for TalkBulls, TalkBears, and TalkBHawks, you could make it were in A and J's Old Time Sports Pub a link to those websites so for any topics about them, they could go post it/discuss it on the official site... thoughts?

The best move would be to consolidate all the sites into something like Chicagosportstalk.com or whatever, and then have the respective teams sub-forums. That way there is one registration, and any general discussions would be common among the various sites instead of separate. The mods do an awesome job right now, so I don't think there would be too many issues if that ever happened.

Right now there seems like there is a disconnect, because people will post about the Bears on Soxtalk, even though they have an account on Talkbears? That doesn't make much sense.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 27, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
The best move would be to consolidate all the sites into something like Chicagosportstalk.com or whatever, and then have the respective teams sub-forums. That way there is one registration, and any general discussions would be common among the various sites instead of separate. The mods do an awesome job right now, so I don't think there would be too many issues if that ever happened.

Right now there seems like there is a disconnect, because people will post about the Bears on Soxtalk, even though they have an account on Talkbears? That doesn't make much sense.

Believe me, we've been talking about all this stuff. :)

QUOTE(Random @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
in order to get anything out of talkbhawks, you would have to make it its own seperate forum, not affiliated with soxtalk, like BHZ
That doesn't make much sense.

Soxtalk would seem to enhance the growth of other forums, not hurt it. You can populate it with current members, and the site would grow over time (just like Soxtalk did). Hell, when I joined Soxtalk, I found it on the 2nd page of Google for "White Sox forums" and now Soxtalk is the 3rd entry for that search.

Edited by RME JICO