Night games

GASHWOUND

Is anybody else pissed we aren't playing any night games this week against the cubs???

For one, I think we play better at night and the atmosphere is WAAAAAAAy more electric at night..especially playing against the flubbies and with sell out crowds..

I know why their doing it...I think everyone does...Their worried if we did play night games there would be fights and more drunks and s*** and they want to play it safe.

That's bulls***, at least have one f***in night game out of the 3.

I may be just over reacting about something this trivial and you guys may agree on why the Sox are doing this..but it still sucks :angry:

I believe you hit the nail on the head as for why there are 3 day games.  I think one night game out of the three is not too much to ask.

except by the police - cub fans of course wrecked things here by all their behavior

in the Trib yesterday I think Frank was bemoaning the lack of night games - he said if we had these games at night the Cell would be rocking even more

They changed it last year. This is the police and team solution to all of the drunken idiots that get into fights and piss all over the place during the usual crosstown games. They figure the more that they can minimize the drinking the better, so they start the games way earlier. If so many people didn't cause problems every year, we'd still have night games.

a saturday night 6 oclock start with fireworks would be awesome

but from a business perspective -full house already - why spend promo money when the house is already packed

we played at night in 1999 on Friday and Sunday -

and night games on Friday in 2000 (extra innings win, was it 14 innings?) and 2001 (CLee grand slam, extra innings) - I think the 2001 games is what did the cops in on this, the CLee 10th inning grand slam set off the need for too many cops handling the drunks and I think it was city wide, in bars everywhere if I remember right.

Damn scrub fans :angry:

this wekend: I want a sweep :headbang :headbang