Wood's career record against Sox.

CWSOX45

Here they are:

0-3  7.06

Go get em boys! :headbang

What has the ring of "CubKilla" but can be applied to Kid BB? I mean, SoxHelper sounds weak. What is the equivalent of a "CubKilla" but can be attributable to a guy that has no success against the White Sox :huh: ?

Here they are:

0-3  7.06

What has the ring of "CubKilla" but can be applied to Kid BB? I mean, SoxHelper sounds weak. What is the equivalent of a "CubKilla" but can be attributable to a guy that has no success against the White Sox :huh: ?

City classic choker.

Here they are:

0-3  7.06

City classic choker.

That will be taken under advisement. I like. Anyone else :huh: ?

Here they are:

0-3  7.06

City classic choker.

KerryKubKilla :huh:

Here they are:

0-3  7.06

City classic choker.

KerryKubKilla :huh:

Even better :headbang

Here they are:

0-3  7.06

Guess what? HE CAN JUST AS EASILY THROW A 1-HITTER/14 K'er AGAINST OUR WEAK OFFENSE...

And don't tell me how "unhittable" Elo has been...In this series--in any series--anything can happen. In 1999, 3 of Pedro's losses came against Devil Rays, Marlins and the WhiteSox...and Elo is NOT Pedro.....nor are Cubs DR, M, WS- they've been a first place all season long and are as DANGEROUS as ever after 2 excruciating losses.

Instead of crossing our fingers and hoping for the best, most Sox fans here are already breaking the brooms out as though it's a foregone conflusion that an All-Star-caliber Kerry Wood will melt again...UNBELIEVABLE, like players like fans I guess--we've been shortchanging our competition virtually ALL SEASON LONG and our complacency and selfishness (long swings much?) has been the CAUSE NUMERO ONE-O for this (so far) pathetic season.

We are the underdogs as we were in 2000, and we should repond accordingly instensity-wise.

EOR.

I just call him "South side b****" :lolhitting

Hey, I do too, RPS. It's not mutually exclusive to ridicule him and be afraid of his stuff at the same time.

(I also do my share of prayin' that Garland/Wright would ever come close to being a "b****" Kerry Wood is. ;) )

Hey, I do too, RPS.  It's not mutually exclusive to ridicule him and be afraid of his stuff at the same time.

(I also do my share of prayin' that Garland/Wright would ever come close to being a "b****" Kerry Wood is.  ;) )

I've seen Wood pitch lights out, but never against the Sox. They seem to make him pitch instead of swinging at a lot of the wild garbage. Sox seem to have his number. I like our chances with Loaiza throwing today. :headbang

Hey, I do too, RPS.  It's not mutually exclusive to ridicule him and be afraid of his stuff at the same time.

(I also do my share of prayin' that Garland/Wright would ever come close to being a "b****" Kerry Wood is.  ;) )

I've seen Wood pitch lights out, but never against the Sox. They seem to make him pitch instead of swinging at a lot of the wild garbage. Sox seem to have his number.

So f***in' what?!

I've seen Cubs miss golden scoring opportunities with bases loaded on three different occasions on Friday against a s***ty pitcher (Wright)...Even one of those hits could have buried us.

Guess what? The didn't miss them on Saturday, coming up with two huge bases-loaded hits both time that almost killed us again...Baseball LUCK can change just.like.that.

This whole new-found arrogant attitude of Sox fans is disgusting; I hope Sox players come out as intense as ever and start putting short/quick swing on the ball instead of tying for the long ball, complacently thinking that Kerry Wood is nothing...when he is on, he might be as good Prior.....and after we've been shut down by MUCH LESSER pitchers practically ALL SEASON LONG, you'd think fans would be just a little bit more humble.

YMMV.

I've seen Wood pitch lights out, but never against the Sox. They seem to make him pitch instead of swinging at a lot of the wild garbage. Sox seem to have his number. I like our chances with Loaiza throwing today. :headbang

So f***in' what?!

I've seen Cubs miss golden scoring opportunities with bases loaded on three different occasions on Friday against a s***ty pitcher (Wright)...Even one of those hits could have buried us.

Guess what? The didn't miss them on Saturday, coming up with two huge bases-loaded hits both time that almost killed us again...Baseball LUCK can change just.like.that.

This whole new-found arrogant attitude of Sox fans is disgusting; I hope Sox players come out as intense as ever and start putting short/quick swing on the ball instead of tying for the long ball, complacently thinking that Kerry Wood is nothing...when he is on, he might be as good Prior.....and after we've been shut down by MUCH LESSER pitchers practically ALL SEASON LONG, you'd think fans would be just a little bit more humble.

YMMV.

Where the hell have you been? There's always been this additude toward teh Cubs. Wood is not a great pitcher like Prior is. Wood gets people to chase garbage. He does have one of the meanest sliders i've ever seen, but he still dont know how to use it. If he had control like Prior, he would be untouchable. Now i hear Cub fans saying Wood "has learned how to pitch" My ass! Loaiza vs. Wood, I think i have a right to be a little confident in Loaiza today. Look at the era and walks.

My ass! Loaiza vs. Wood, I think i have a right to be a little confident in Loaiza today. Look at the era and walks.

Dude, all I was saying is that in baseball ANYTHING can happen (Pedro's peformace in 1999), especially when we are talking about a 26yo pitcher just entering his prime, one whose ERA was UNDER 3.00 for most of the season...to say nothing of our PATHETIC underachieving offense...

BTW have you checked Burly and Colon's numbers this season? Compared to them Wood is a Hall-of-Famer...

And who cares if he "doesn't know how to use his flithy slider"? He STILL GETS IT DONE BIG-TIME without it, lol. I wish Garland/Wright/Rauch were this "clueless"....

I just don't get this blind bias toward Cubs players and their ability...and I am a self-proclaimed #1 Cub hater, mind you! The biggest irony is that Sox fans have been blowing their collective load over Loaiza TWICE as much as Cub hopefuls have been over Jesus prior...and ELo has been nothing but a deeply mediocre pitcher most of his 10-year career....What a joke!

True, anything can happen, but i'm trying not to think of how pissed i'll be if they lose especially after Sosa opened his mouth.

RPS, you DO realize that we're lucky to have 1 let alone 2 wins this weekend? We haven't mean dominating people and have serious holes in the line-up. Big-time.

I mean you're usually very observant....today's game should be a VERY difficult one, a bloodbath- Cubbies ARE desperate and have to EXECUTE extremely well, we CANNOT let up like we've been doing all season long, most notably last game in Wrigley and 2nd game in Mnetrodome...

LoAIZA is out best pitcher and Wood is beatable (in the past), but if I were you, I'd be just a little bit less confident in the Sox win today all things considered..

That's all.