Hummel FINALLY getting back on track

Cerbaho-WG

Ya, I've been watching him slowly keep improving. It looks like a good finish and some good numbers could be just what the doctor ordered for his confidence. The guy was a hitting machine up until last season and it would be huge if he could get back on track cause he should become our second baseman after this upcom

ing season when Valentin moves elsewhere and Jimenez moves to short.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i hope he can continue to do good.. he has a s***ty season last year.... was not impressed at all.... if there is a GOD he will make this kid turn around and become something special.............

Guest hotsoxchick1

abo i saw him for the past two seasons now.. i must say he regressed instead of progressed.. im glad to hear hes doing better in winter ball.. hopefully he can come back this year and keep up the good work...........

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas season before this past one... he was pretty darn impressive.. he played at second for the week i was there ... and his defense was darn good.. his range is what caught my eye, he had it to the left and the right.. not a common thing, his move to the left was much better though than the right......his bat wasnt all that shabby to boot... but this season i dont know what the hell happened...he seemed to lose range.. the kid i had seen the previous season just didnt seem to want to dive or catch the ball this season.. he kinda just stood there.....much like we had seen ray ray do in the past when he was in a pissy mood....(for lack of anything else to compare it to lol)... his bat wasnt all that great either.. he was very impatient.. swinging at everything that came to him... was not like that the season before......(sure he was impatient then too, but he didnt swing at every pitch)... i dont know if he was just having an off week or an off year or what but it wasnt the kid i had boasted about the season before thats for sure..........i hope he can turn it around because he does have some good qualities about him when hes in that mode.....would be nice to know we had something solid waiting in the wings wouldnt it..........

HSC, I've got to ask....when you saw Hummel play this year, was he bigger than the year before, bigger meaning bigger with more muscle, maybe like he was lifting? I know that lifting and getting bigger takes away from your range....that's why there is no huge 2B or SS.

That's why I ask....if he was bigger and still is, that may be one reason, and that's because he wants more power. All we need from him is good defense and a guy that can hit .300 with 10 homers and 65 RBI a year....and I think management needs to get across to him.

That is, if he was bigger.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

jas season before this past one... he was pretty darn impressive.. he played at second for the week i was there ... and his defense was darn good.. his range is what caught my eye, he had it to the left and the right.. not a common thing, his move to the left was much better though than the right......his bat wasnt all that shabby to boot... but this season i dont know what the hell happened...he seemed to lose range.. the kid i had seen the previous season just didnt seem to want to dive or catch the ball this season.. he kinda just stood there.....much like we had seen ray ray do in the past when he was in a pissy mood....(for lack of anything else to compare it to lol)... his bat wasnt all that great either.. he was very impatient.. swinging at everything that came to him... was not like that the season before......(sure he was impatient then too, but he didnt swing at every pitch)... i dont know if he was just having an off week or an off year or what but it wasnt the kid i had boasted about the season before thats for sure..........i hope he can turn it around because he does have some good qualities about him when hes in that mode.....would be nice to know we had something solid waiting in the wings wouldnt it..........

sounds like maybe he was playing with an injury that no one knew about

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey around here with our crack pot medical staff thats possible.... we know how all of our guys love to play while injured.... wonder why no one but the fans seem to notice this.............think i can get a med degree and become one of herms crack pots too>>>>>> hey at least i would figure out sooner that someone has an injury and i dont even have a med degree yet...........:o