Sweep the Twins?

Jordan4life_2003

Not to be greedy but I'm gettin sick of this takin 2 outta 3 crap...The good teams mix in there fair share of sweeps...We've had 3 or 4 chances in the last 2 weeks to sweep a team...What better way to send a message to the Twins then to sweep them right outta Chicago?  We'd be back at .500 as well  :)

Sweeps are nice, but two out of three will suffice. :)

Not to be greedy but I'm gettin sick of this takin 2 outta 3 crap...The good teams mix in there fair share of sweeps...We've had 3 or 4 chances in the last 2 weeks to sweep a team...What better way to send a message to the Twins then to sweep them right outta Chicago?  We'd be back at .500 as well  :)

Nah, i dont like our pitchers, but MAYBE!!! :headbang

While a sweep would be nice, we don't exactly have our best pitchers going in the series, and we don't really need a sweep. Just winning the series against the good teams is all we need. The ones that we NEED to sweep are against the bottom-feeders like the Devil Rays and Orioles when we play them. THAT'S that the great teams do -- play .500 or better ball against the upper teams, and play .750+ ball against the s***ty teams. If you do that, you're in the playoffs every year.

We need 2 out of 3 vs. Minnesota, and about 7 out of 10 @ TB, DET, CLEV. That would put us at 3 games over .500 at the break, and probably about 2 games out of 1st. Given where we were just a month ago, I'd gladly take that.

What team doesn't go into a series thinking sweep? You have to have that mentality, that means your intentions are to play hard every game in the series and won't be contempt with just taking 2 of 3. :headbang

Well tonight will be a good indicator.  Cy Mays goes tonight.  Has he been figured out or will he go back to Cy form?  It is half price night so I hope to see 30K out there tonight and they give it to Mays and the Twins the same way that they did Scammy. :headbang

As we've seen in the last 3 series, the first game is crucial. Win it, and all you have to do is split the next 2 to win the series. Lose it, and you're forced to win 2 straight to win the series. With Garland going against Mays, it'll be a good test for the Sox -- especially coming off the loss Sunday. Hopefully they can rebound and not miss a stride.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont think this team has the passion to sweep... ill take the 2 of 3 and be happy with it for now......there really isnt any other choice.......

Nah, i dont like our pitchers, but MAYBE!!!    :headbang

What we need is Garland to continue pitching to his potential and especially Wright to do so. Wright is the concern for me because he needs to show he can start the game by putting down the opposing team and not give up first inning runs. He then needs to get past the 5th or 6th inning and pitch well into at least the 7th so the bullpen can take over and shut the door. I didn't see our pitching matchups so I can only assume Buerhle pitches game 3? MB is going to give you a quality satrt no doubt in my mind. Being in Comiskey and not the baggie dome should help our team also.