Nice to see HIM do it against someone else

DonkeyKongerko

Cubs @ Phillies, bottom 7. Cubs are clinging to a 3-2 lead against the offense-anemic Phillies and Jim Thome comes to the plate with a man on. Needless to say, it's nice to see him doing it against someone besides us practically every time.

a_thome_i.jpg Thome_Jim29.jpg

In addition, I think its even funnier cuz the Cubs came "close" to signing him this offseason too. Something more to smile about as the Sox paste the Twins and the Royals scuffle against Cleveland. Maybe I should just add this to the f*** Yeah Thread.

YA, its weird because when he was with the Tribe there wasnt a man who I hated more in MLB.......I am glad he left the Tribe because I dont hate him anymore, and enjoy watchin him...HE also got a good attitude, and sets a good example unlike many Ball Players today.....AND ya could that I like him becuase I picked him #1 or 2 in my fantasy league......OK it was #1 becuase I picked Franky #1 and im still gettin ripped about it

BE GOOD

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

LEETTT'SSSSS GEEETTTT REEAAADDDDYYYYY FFOOORRRR TTHHHEEEE JJUUUNNNNEEEEE SWWOOOOOOONNNNN

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Wouldn't that be June-July-August-September Swoon?! :lol:

They are dropping like flies. If anyone goes down, nobody can come up, since their prospects are all getting injured. The Cubs are in deep s***!!! :headbang

Go Houston and St. Louis!!!

Isringhausen is back.  Bo Hart is hitting everything in sight.  Watch out for those Cards Cub fans.

I picked the cards over the A's in the world series.........before the season started. Not to brag, but year after year, my divisional picks have been amazing. This year im right on target once again. Its kinda scary. :huh:

I picked the cards over the A's in the world series.........before the season started.  Not to brag, but year after year, my divisional picks have been amazing.  This year im right on target once again.  Its kinda scary. :huh:

I picked the Sox/Cards in the Series this year, with the Sox winning it in six games on a Carlos Lee walkoff homer. :headbang

The Cubs didn't need Jim Thome for several reasons:

1. He would cost money - can't have that.

2. He's a proven slugger - the Cubs offense is already vaunted and potent as it is.

3. If he had signed with the Cubs, it would have looked like they really cared about winning - that's deceiving the fans Honesty is better.

4. They have rookie flop Hee Chop Suey and creaky-kneed Eric Karros at first already - who needs a loser like Thome?

:headbang ANOTHER JUNE SWOON CAME AND WENT. :headbang

The Cubs didn't need Jim Thome for several reasons:

1.  He would cost money - can't have that.

2.  He's a proven slugger - the Cubs offense is already vaunted and potent as it is.

3.  If he had signed with the Cubs, it would have looked like they really cared about winning - that's deceiving the fans  Honesty is better.

4.  They have rookie flop Hee Chop Suey and creaky-kneed Eric Karros at first already - who needs a loser like Thome? 

ANOTHER JUNE SWOON CAME AND WENT.  :headbang

The Cubs are really a weak team, other than starting pitching.

Ain't it beautiful??!

And as for that starting staff - Prior, Wood, and Zambrano are great young arms. But Clement is a .500 pitcher who's either really good or really bad, and Estes throws more meat at the plate than the local butcher.

And that bullpen is as average and mediocre as any in baseball. I mean, c'mon - how far do you REALLY expect to go with Joe "Journeyman" Borowski as your closer? Geesh.