Maggs wants to go to SD?

southsider2k5

Souonds like a bunch of "He said, she said" crap. I wouldn't read much into it. Maggs could have asked one of the Pads players what it was like to play in SD and mentioned he liked the city. Could have been as simple as that.

Who wouldn't want Magglio on their team? That was an awfully expensive and expansive wish list the Padres quoted there. I never saw anything about Maggs saying he wanted to go to San Diego though.

Players on others clubs have told Padres personnel they would like to join the club in its new park. The group includes White Sox slugging outfielder Magglio Ordoñez, who can become a free agent after next season.

Sheffield and Tejada are 1-2 on their hitlist. The only reason Tejada's not first is because they are still looking to see if Vazquez is their SS of the future, and he should be off the DL soon where they can make a better determination.

If Vazquez doesn't produce the second half, I think we are safe. If he does, then perhaps they would leave Tejada alone and pursue Maggs, but then again they can move Vazquez to 2B...

Sheffield and Tejada are 1-2 on their hitlist. The only reason Tejada's not first is because they are still looking to see if Vazquez is their SS of the future, and he should be off the DL soon where they can make a better determination.

If Vazquez doesn't produce the second half, I think we are safe. If he does, then perhaps they would leave Tejada alone and pursue Maggs, but then again they can move Vazquez to 2B...

Then they have Khalil Greene to do what with if Vazquez moves to 2B?

He's good trade bait I guess.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol if maggs got away from us dont you think torre would have him in new york in a heart beat ??????? i dont forsee maggs going anywhere but there, if he leaves here.........mho.....

Looking at their record, it doesn't seem like too many good players want to play for the Padres now. If you throw enough money at them that can change dramatically.

With a new stadium, and some money coming there way, expect that to change.

Todd Walker will be signed by the Pad's and I imagine a Pitcher too. Probably Kelvim Escobar, if not somebody on a higher echelon

Guest hotsoxchick1
Don't you mean 'a new york minute'?

:huh:

yeah whatever.... he would be there if he werent here.......thats all i gotta say......... ;)