Contreras's Contract Extension

shoota

Meche's ERA (3.76) seems awfully low for a guy with a 1.30 WHIP. And I'd say that the latter is more telling of how good a pitcher he really is. Geez, even Jose and Freddy let fewer guys on base last year.

I'm wondering how much KC's relatively good bullpen has been keeping that ERA down. It seems like a lot of inherited base runners aren't crossing the plate.

Wow, you just throw anything out there to make it seem like KW is a God.. :lolhitting

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan77 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
Wow, you just throw anything out there to make it seem like KW is a God.. :lolhitting

Uh, I was talking about Gil Meche, not Kenny Williams. Try paying closer attention next time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
Tyler Lumsden has put up a 6.25 ERA in 19 starts for the Omaha Royals (AAA). Batters are hitting .302 against him. It's really hard for me to find a logical reason why one could say that the Royals have won that trade.

They have saved some cash. Kind of like how the Sox won the trade with Philly even if Floyd is garbage and Gio never sees Chicago.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
Tyler Lumsden has put up a 6.25 ERA in 19 starts for the Omaha Royals (AAA). Batters are hitting .302 against him. It's really hard for me to find a logical reason why one could say that the Royals have won that trade.

They have saved some cash. Kind of like how the Sox won the trade with Philly even if Floyd is garbage and Gio never sees Chicago. Some people here defend KW by his "winning" trades. I don't care about winning trades. Winning games is more important.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
They have saved some cash. Kind of like how the Sox won the trade with Philly even if Floyd is garbage and Gio never sees Chicago.

With MacDougal? The Sox signed him to a 3 year, $6.45 million deal. Octavio Dotel's contract with the Royals is worth $5 mil for this season. They did not save money by trading MMac: MMac is still in the "ungodly cheap" phase of his career.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
The fact that Moore paid Gil Freaking Meche $55 million speaks volumes about the level of pitching talent in their farm system.

Kind of like giving a 50 year old Contreras $30 million and Vazquez $33 million 2 years before you lose control of him. The White Sox system is just as weak. Look at the guys they have brought up this year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
With MacDougal? The Sox signed him to a 3 year, $6.45 million deal. Octavio Dotel's contract with the Royals is worth $5 mil for this season. They did not save money by trading MMac: MMac is still in the "ungodly cheap" phase of his career.

How do you know if they still had MacDougal they still wouldn't have signed Dotel? He may be ungodly cheap, but he is the most expensive piece of KW's bullpen. I bet you KW would rather have TL right now.

It should be pointed out that Moore is rebuilding the entire organization with new scouts, new staff, new almost everything. They're starting, essentially, from scratch after all the damage done since Schuerholz left KC whereas we have had the same terrible approach for a long time with no results or changes.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
How do you know if they still had MacDougal they still wouldn't have signed Dotel? He may be ungodly cheap, but he is the most expensive piece of KW's bullpen. I bet you KW would rather have TL right now.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have signed Dotel, I'm saying that trading away guys who are signed for $2 million a year is barely saving money.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm not saying they wouldn't have signed Dotel, I'm saying that trading away guys who are signed for $2 million a year is barely saving money.

Its saving $2 million and since they both suck and aren't contributing, if fact TL being in the minors actually is a postive because he didn't hurt the major league team which cannot be said about MM, the "win" if trades must be judged by that would go to KC. I personally would have made that trade, and I would have made the Sisco trade as well, but as of right now, advantage KC.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
He paying you to endorse or something?

The best people on Earth don't need to pay people to endorse them.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Thats because that is what is needed in the KC franchise. Since 2000, they have 463-671. I would say major changes are needed, basically everywhere.

Over that same stretch, the Sox find themselves 100 games over .500, at 617-517.

Do the Sox need a change in scouting and the farm system, absolutely. They won't be able to survive without one. However, there already have been shakeups in the scouting department, and Williams said things will change. A month to judge the results isn't fair.

Shakeups in the scouting department? Ha. Nothing has truly changed.

Besides the fact that Schaffer believes he was used as a scapegoat, there's the truth that as long as Kenny and Reinsdorf are still here, we're still going to avoid expensive first round picks and will be going after big former football players with a bunch of powah.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
Besides the fact that Schaffer believes he was used as a scapegoat, there's the truth that as long as Kenny and Reinsdorf are still here, we're still going to avoid expensive first round picks and will be going after big former football players with a bunch of powah.

So considering that Jerry Reinsdorf and the current ownership group is simply not going anywhere, what would you suggest is the next best option?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
So considering that Jerry Reinsdorf and the current ownership group is simply not going anywhere, what would you suggest is the next best option?

Let me guess: Fire Kenny Williams?

The best people on Earth don't need to pay people to endorse them.

:headbang

Shakeups in the scouting department? Ha. Nothing has truly changed.

exactly.. unless we go outside our Organization to get a new scouting dir.. nothing will change.

Thank God we won with the chance we got. :P

Also: do a better job drafting, scouting and developing. Which means fire KW and much of the scouting development and bring in an outsider from an organization that's good at such things.

I love it when you analyze :hawk: !