Rowand/Borchard

Jim Fainter

Supposedly its a pool of minor leaguers the Rangers will be chosing from. This is really interesting and really exciting. I can only hope I'll be happy after I hear the names.

Ring is a good prospect, Almonte is a fringe guy Salvo is nothing compared to what we have at that position and Mets are paying. Alomar is more valuable then Everett so I'd say at that them getting one major league guy in Jimenez means they get two pitching prospects (I'm guessing this cause its what the Rangers need) that the Sox give up. It would be foolish to give up anything good. Rauch should be the onl yof the top pitchers available. I could see Ginter going, but I don't know. Maybe Jim Bullard and Jon Rauch. One middle guy one guy that was once a top prospect.

Great point Jim.

You gotta wonder if Aaron woulda been fine now that he's hitting and we could have kept all these prospects.

Sounds like we've given up royce and cotts.

Do you think we will regret these trades??

Jim, I think youre a great poster but this post is ridiculous. Youre tellin me, its Dorns and JBs fault that we just got a guy with 51 RBIs? Well if it is, Dorn is God! I wouldnt care one bit if we lost Cotts. He has 39 walks in 68 IP at AA. You cant throw that many walks in the bigs and live to tell about it. Besides, Hart has to choose from a pool of eight prospects and Cotts isnt one of them. So your future AS pitcher is saved, God bless us all...

Sorry if I sounded mean there Jim. I just love the fact that we got Everett to help our offense. And even if we did lose Cotts, which we didnt, it wouldnt bother me...

Yeah I am happy we are getting a guy hitting .198 in the last 5 weeks!

OldRoman, all I said was that both Rowand and Borchard were given big time opportunities in center, and neither one stepped up, until in the last 10 days when Rowand has improved his play. Obviously, it's too late for him for 2003. I said that if either JoeB or Aaron had played well from the start of the season, then this trade would not be deemed necessary. If Aaron had been hitting .270-.280 with some power and good defense and speed, all of which were expected, we would not be having these posts now.