Bushie: Mrs. Clinton will win primaries

kapkomet

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
I know things can change between now and the first few primaries, but she is troucing the rest of the field and has a huge amount of money, along with big time name recognition. Plus I get the feeling she isn't going to have a YEEAH moment...

Things looked like this in 2004 too - still plenty of time till January.

Plus look at the polls in the key early Primaries - Iowa is a dead heat between the three big names, and NH is pretty close too.

I still think that Clinton's high negatives mean that the party will try to give other candidates every possible edge, because I think Hillary is the least electable at the general level.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)

Plus look at the polls in the key early Primaries - Iowa is a dead heat between the three big names, and NH is pretty close too.

I still think that Clinton's high negatives mean that the party will try to give other candidates every possible edge, because I think Hillary is the least electable at the general level.

Well, I gotta say, Obama would be my choice between Girly Man, Mrs. b****, and Obama.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)

yep, which is why the GOP radio network pushes so far for her to be the front runner. Media bias at it's worse.

A northern black man can not win a general Presidential election. The electoral college and the nation's majority simply won't allow it.

When you throw in his youth, inexperience and proneness to gaffes ("we will never use nukes" "let's go into Pakistan!") he is a dead man.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 08:25 AM)
A northern black man can not win a general Presidential election. The electoral college and the nation's majority simply won't allow it.

When you throw in his youth, inexperience and proneness to gaffes ("we will never use nukes" "let's go into Pakistan!") he is a dead man.

He also energizies a wing of the Democratic party that by and large is under-represented at the polls. Clinton does that to some extent, but Edwards doesn't at all. Youth doesn't preclude anything in the national election, looking at JFK and Bill Clinton saids so. Edwards lacks the fund raising, the political machine, and the likability factor that the other two major candidates have at least one trait of.

Obama lacks the right skin color. He can never win the American Presidency.

I don't say that as a white racist gloating. I'm not full-white and I'm not gloating. Not racist, either. But that's the reality. Any declaration to the contrary is naiive at best.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 10:13 AM)
Obama lacks the right skin color. He can never win the American Presidency.

I don't say that as a white racist gloating. I'm not full-white and I'm not gloating. Not racist, either. But that's the reality. Any declaration to the contrary is naiive at best.

The GOP will have the first black, and woman President. The GOP faithful will for for that candidate because the person isn't a Dem, and Dems would be willing to cross over, and might even want to see the barrier broken. I thought the GOP nominated the wrong Dole back then. I'd have voted for Elizabeth Dole. Powell would be such a better candidate than Obama. Just pulling two examples out my ass.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
The GOP will have the first black, and woman President. The GOP faithful will for for that candidate because the person isn't a Dem, and Dems would be willing to cross over, and might even want to see the barrier broken. I thought the GOP nominated the wrong Dole back then. I'd have voted for Elizabeth Dole. Powell would be such a better candidate than Obama. Just pulling two examples out my ass.

Like everything else you post. ZING! :D The door was open - I just had to. :lol:

Rice is a pro-choice pro-affirmative action black woman who is not married -- which in the eyes of the voters either means she's a lesbian or has no family values.

Liddy Dole pretended that the blood banks weren't contaminated by disease. and she isn't half as good a candidate as her loser husband. (Red Cross, 1980s.)

Colin Powell I've been over on this site -- I'll bet Clinton would have beat him and I don't care how many times Powell says, "My wife would kill me if I ran for President," that's not why he didn't run for President. Nobody who ever seriously considers it says No because "my wife said no." Powell knew he'd be annihilated by today's electorate (black, pro-choice, pro-aff. act.) and besides -- generals don't often have a place in politics. Wesley Clark was socially retarded in his campaign (if you recall, he even yelled at some kindergarteners -- not like, "OH, YOU s***HEADS" but raised his voice and forced one into his chair...huge no-nos!) and most generals are. They're military men, not politicians, for a reason.

Maybe one day the Republicans will nominate a black man or black woman or both at once but it won't be any of these three.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
Rice is a pro-choice pro-affirmative action black woman who is not married -- which in the eyes of the voters either means she's a lesbian or has no family values.

Liddy Dole pretended that the blood banks weren't contaminated by disease. and she isn't half as good a candidate as her loser husband. (Red Cross, 1980s.)

Colin Powell I've been over on this site -- I'll bet Clinton would have beat him and I don't care how many times Powell says, "My wife would kill me if I ran for President," that's not why he didn't run for President. Nobody who ever seriously considers it says No because "my wife said no." Powell knew he'd be annihilated by today's electorate (black, pro-choice, pro-aff. act.) and besides -- generals don't often have a place in politics. Wesley Clark was socially retarded in his campaign (if you recall, he even yelled at some kindergarteners -- not like, "OH, YOU s***HEADS" but raised his voice and forced one into his chair...huge no-nos!) and most generals are. They're military men, not politicians, for a reason.

Maybe one day the Republicans will nominate a black man or black woman or both at once but it won't be any of these three.

Ike is offended by this post. As is Grant. As is Washington.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 02:12 PM)

Washington is unassailable, so I'll leave him out of this.

Ike was a better General than a President, although he wasn't horrible at the job in the White House. Grant was about 100 times better as a General than President.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 02:12 PM)

and most generals are. They're military men, not politicians, for a reason

I don't see why they would be offended. Most generals will agree that they're military men and not politicians for a reason.