pick your candidate quiz

kapkomet

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 01:51 PM)
I had a feeling you were a smart guy. :cheers

:)

I'm so smart that I tend to avoid politics all together, although I am starting to get a bit interested in them since I'm just about to finish Fear and Loathing On the Campaign Trail '72, which has been a really good read.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter Thompson is a bad introduction to politics. Nobody here loves Thompson more than I do, but he's not a guy who you should read to get "interested" in them unless you want to have a distorted view of American government and policy-making. He's a lot of fun when you truly have a handle on politics and history.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Hunter Thompson is a bad introduction to politics. Nobody here loves Thompson more than I do, but he's not a guy who you should read to get "interested" in them unless you want to have a distorted view of American government and policy-making. He's a lot of fun when you truly have a handle on politics and history.

I didn't read it to get involved with politics. I read it because I was told it was a good book, which it has been thus far. My wanting to be a bit more educated for the next election (which is all it really is) is just a unexpected result of reading it.