Bart's reaction

Texsox

It seems that at times Bart isn't as fired up as others. Perhaps these trades may light a fire under him. Hell, he may even lose a couple pounds. We still need him to really come around.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that at times Bart isn't as fired up as others. Perhaps these trades may light a fire under him. Hell, he may even lose a couple pounds. We still need him to really come around.

I will pay $10 a week for a Weight Watchers program for him if it gets him going.

Guest hotsoxchick1

omg.. lmao.... *shakes head* you guys are just too much.........pigs flying... cw... lol..... you wouldnt see that unless bart sprouted wings and took flight....... ;)

Colon has looked (on the mound) the way he's looked over his entire career. He's not an emotions-on-the-sleeve guy on the field. He's fine, not every player acts like Jose Lima(thank god). You have to remember that, with the exception of last season, Colon has always been a very good pitcher, even a #1 starter, but by no means a lights-out stud ala Pedro, Unit, Maddux.

Guest hotsoxchick1

not every pitcher asks to be taken out of a game cause they are tired ........ :rolleyes: ........besides if hes experiencing dead arm we need to get a little insurance to back him up dont ya think??????

not every pitcher asks to be taken out of a game cause they are tired ........ :rolleyes: ........besides if hes experiencing dead arm we need to get a little insurance to back him  up dont ya think??????

I have no problem with a pitcher who says he's tired if the manager asks him how he's doing. Can't that also be taken as putting the team first ahead of personal goals?

And don't lots of pitchers go through dead-arm periods from time to time? Won't the AS break give him enough rest to overcome it?

Ripping on Bart is a bug minus! I mean cmon! the guy was really tired. He's going through a dead arm period and he gets an extra day off tommorrow before opening up the series in TB! He'll be fine! AND, hes not gonn aget traded unless we get a starter or 2 back! KW Rocks!

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol hes always tired.. he was tired in cleveburg and now hes lacking sleep here too..........maybe he needs a good vacation??? :lol: geez get over it.... sorry the teal isnt working for me right now for some reason........barts ok, but hes not God..like everyone makes him out to be........ :rolleyes:

geez get over it.... sorry the teal isnt working for me right now for some reason........barts ok, but hes not  God..like everyone makes him out to be........ :rolleyes:

Nobody is making him out to be a God. His past numbers speak for themselves. Off the top of my head, doesn't Bart have 4 or 5 CG this season? Not a good enough reason to have a dead arm for a week or two when you pitch in the high 90's for some here I guess. I, for one, want Bartolo here. He's better than any pitcher we had in 2000 if we make the playoffs.

Colon has looked (on the mound) the way he's looked over his entire career.  He's not an emotions-on-the-sleeve guy on the field.  He's fine, not every player acts like Jose Lima(thank god).  You have to remember that, with the exception of last season, Colon has always been a very good pitcher, even a #1 starter, but by no means a lights-out stud ala Pedro, Unit, Maddux.

huh?????? He had a real good season last year. :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
So Bartolo Colon is the next guy that people want to put him on the s*** list? He is a big part of our success on this season. Leave him alone!

sorry the teal isnt working for me right now for some reason......
i tried........ :huh: :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
I hear Jennie Craig wants to meet both Bart and Ev.

so does dolly maddison and hostess......along with krispy kreams and dunken doughnuts......... :lol: oh fyi, that should be in teal too... wtf.....i cant get it to work all the time........

so does dolly maddison and hostess......along with krispy kreams and dunken doughnuts......... :lol:  oh fyi, that should be in teal too... wtf.....i cant get it to work all the time........

Damn I wish you wouldn't mention donuts. I can get a great breakfast taco everywhere here but only one place for donuts and it's geographically undesirable. And forget about bagels.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Damn I wish you wouldn't mention donuts. I can get a great breakfast taco everywhere here but only one place for donuts and it's geographically undesirable. And forget about bagels.

you guys have jack in the box down there??? i miss those taccos......ill gladly trade ya a few quality doughnuts for some taccos....... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Try the Burger King tacos, they taste just like the Jack in the Box tacos.

lol they are not the same.. missing the purina.........or something......... :D

you guys have jack in the box down there??? i miss those taccos......ill gladly trade ya  a few quality doughnuts for some taccos....... :D

We got Jack. Their sourdough burger with bacon is great. I don't like their tacos as much as the ones from a local chain here.

I have found the Mexican equivement to sliders. Tacos nortenos. very greasy corn tortillas with chopped steak (bistek), onions, and cilantro. Two maybe three bites, grease, beef, cheap 6 for $3. All that's missing is the pickle.

We also have like a thousand chinese restaurants, one place for gyros (aka greek tacos), fair pizza at one place, Pizza Hut is the decent option, and every chain in the world has found this place. They open up Money magazine see how fast we are growing and boom we have a Fridays, Bennigans, Applebys, Olive Garden, etc.

Guest Ncorgbl
So Bartolo Colon is the next guy that people want to put him on the s*** list? He is a big part of our success on this season. Leave him alone!

Which of our 'Tub o' Goo' s 6 wins do you figure gave us all our success?

Or did you mean his 7 losses that contribute to our sub .500 so far?

Colon won 20 games for someone else, not the Sox. He's advertised as a 'workhorse', innings eater, and got 'tired' after 97 pitches the first time against the cUBS and was lousy with 98 pitches the second. He needs to step up before he deserves the accolades so many bestow on him.

Guest Ncorgbl
you guys have jack in the box down there??? i miss those taccos......ill gladly trade ya  a few quality doughnuts for some taccos....... :D

Every February when we are on vacation the first restaurant we just have to go to is Jack in the Box for those damn tacos! Must be a 'girl' thing!! But their commercials are fabulous!!

Guest hotsoxchick1
We got Jack. Their sourdough burger with bacon is great. I don't like their tacos as much as the ones from a local chain here.

I have found the Mexican equivement to sliders. Tacos nortenos. very greasy corn tortillas with chopped steak (bistek), onions, and cilantro. Two maybe three bites, grease, beef, cheap 6 for $3. All that's missing is the pickle.

We also have like a thousand chinese restaurants, one place for gyros (aka greek tacos), fair pizza at one place, Pizza Hut is the decent option, and every chain in the world has found this place. They open up Money magazine see how fast we are growing and boom we have a Fridays, Bennigans, Applebys, Olive Garden, etc.

im headed to krispy kreams now... a trade of food is in order here......where do i send it too????? :D

im headed to krispy kreams now... a trade of food is in order here......where do i send it too????? :D

Let me figure out how to package up the tacos and a couple other local treats. I wonder if dry ice and a styrofoam coller would work?