American Idol - Season 7

retro1983hat

My three favorites to win (in no particular order);

David Arquette (I think thats his name its the 17 year old kid who was like "Ryan im only 17" he also say Bryan Adams "Heaven")

Ramiele Mulabaya (or however you spell it, yes shes hot)

Asia'h

*That Alexandrea was not bad, but I dont feel like expanding to a top 5. Also I felt that there were less guys with a chance of really winning than girls but its hard to judge just off that performance especially with song choices.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed Amy Davis was kicked off tonight only because she is hot! I'm not talent scout, but I thought she sang very well. Granted I may have been mesmerized by her breasts, but I don't think so. It wasn't an exciting song, I'll give you that, but I thought the vocal was good.

I'm good with the other three that got booted, although I'd have rather seen that Daniel kid get the boot than Colton.

What I am really tired of is the stupid assed crying when someone gets voted off. Every week people are going to have to go. It's the first week and most of the girls are practically bawling their eyes out like it was their mother getting kicked off. That's already old and it is only week 1.

You were enamoured with her boobs. She sucked.

I agree about the crying. I actually missed last night, but did record it. But I chose the least painful way to go and looked up the results online. I read though that Seacrest more or less suckerpunched that Garrett kid with the way he booted him. Was it that bad?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 06:31 AM)
You were enamoured with her boobs. She sucked.

I agree about the crying. I actually missed last night, but did record it. But I chose the least painful way to go and looked up the results online. I read though that Seacrest more or less suckerpunched that Garrett kid with the way he booted him. Was it that bad?

The gf and I thought it was pretty s***ty. They had all the guys sitting in a group after they performed their ubber-lame duet number. Then Ryan starts going on about singing, the show, just general BS. And then he says something like "well lets start talking to the guys and see how they're feeling tonight." He calls Peter Frampton over and says hey and then says something like "so how's it feel to be the first voted off." That's not word for word, but that's essentially how it happened. No questions or filler, just straight to the "sorry you're gone."

And I also liked the fact that Simon was honest with the second guy kicked off. In reality, unless you're in the final 5 you're not going to be remembered, so you really don't have much of a chance to "hit it big" based on Idol. I mean if any of the 4 kicked off put out a CD in 2 weeks, unless they got major, major pub, I wouldnt know who they are. Paula kept saying "millions know who you are, keep trying, blah blah," but I agree with Simon - you can sing, like a million other people in the country, but you can't sing well enough to make it a career.

Funny thing is that even the BIG Idol winners are not that big. They have the massive publicity machine going for them, but as for actual sales? Nah, not that impressive. Kelly Clarkson seems HUGE, but her sales are not mind-blowing. Not as much as you would expect. If I remember right, her total sales are something like 9 million. That's nothing to sneeze at, but considering the massive publicity and everything, and considering that is ALL of her releases combined, then I am not so impressed.

I didn't have a problem of how they kicked the first kid off. He said let's turn our attention to the guys. He looked and said I need "whatever his name is" down here with me. It was short and sweet. He followed it up saying I am sorry but you are the first to go tonight.

He's damned good. And what makes him even more likeable for me is that when he is not singing he seems like nothing more than a goofy kid, but a genuine one. It makes his ability stand out that much more. But I do think that may wear on people as the competition goes on, not that he can do anything about it. He is real, but I think some people will find the goofy smile and always saying thank you as less refreshing and more irritating.

As far as the women tonight, I'd like to see Amanda, the Janis Joplin wannabe and Kady Malloy from Houston get the boot. AND, I'd like to see one Thursday night where no one cries. Fat chance, huh?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
He's damned good. And what makes him even more likeable for me is that when he is not singing he seems like nothing more than a goofy kid, but a genuine one. It makes his ability stand out that much more. But I do think that may wear on people as the competition goes on, not that he can do anything about it. He is real, but I think some people will find the goofy smile and always saying thank you as less refreshing and more irritating.

As far as the women tonight, I'd like to see Amanda, the Janis Joplin wannabe and Kady Malloy from Houston get the boot. AND, I'd like to see one Thursday night where no one cries. Fat chance, huh?

I was sick of the kid the first night I saw him. Just annoying.

I didn't see the show Tues or Wed, but Danny Noreiga is DEFINITELY this year's Sanjaya, although probably more talented.

As far as the crying, you know, I can't fault these kids. They are living a dream, and it gets shattered all at once. It's pretty emotional.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
I didn't see the show Tues or Wed, but Danny Noreiga is DEFINITELY this year's Sanjaya, although probably more talented.

As far as the crying, you know, I can't fault these kids. They are living a dream, and it gets shattered all at once. It's pretty emotional.

I was referring to all of the others crying when someone gets kicked, not the person leaving. I can see a girl like Alaina being overcome with emotion (especially since she got hosed tonight). But last week, 3/4 of the girls were bawling when the first girl was let go.

Please don't tell me Danny Noriega is gonna be around that long? I can't stand him. I thought both girls that went home tonight were better than some of the other girls. Amanda, the Joplin wanna be with the god knows what hair, just irritates the s*** out of me. She took a great song last night and butchered the hell out of it.

/rant

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
I was referring to all of the others crying when someone gets kicked, not the person leaving. I can see a girl like Alaina being overcome with emotion (especially since she got hosed tonight). But last week, 3/4 of the girls were bawling when the first girl was let go.

Please don't tell me Danny Noriega is gonna be around that long? I can't stand him. I thought both girls that went home tonight were better than some of the other girls. Amanda, the Joplin wanna be with the god knows what hair, just irritates the s*** out of me. She took a great song last night and butchered the hell out of it.

/rant

Danny and Amanda are "controversial" so they have to keep them for just a little while.

Danny is WORSE then Sanjaya on the idiot scale. I want to kick the tv every time I see the little s***, but that means he will stay for the next 3-5 weeks because he'e controversy!!! and that's what AI is all about until the end.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...just passing on info

Strip club: 'Idol' once danced here

By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer

30 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - "American Idol" contestant David Hernandez once entertained audiences by removing his clothes instead of singing tunes, a manager at a male strip club in Phoenix told The Associated Press.

The 24-year-old finalist from Glendale, Ariz., once worked as a stripper at Dick's Cabaret, appearing fully nude and performing lap dances for the club's "mostly male" clientele, club manager Gordy Bryan said Monday.

"He had the look and the type that people like, so he made pretty good money here," Bryan said.

It's not clear whether a history as a stripper could disqualify Hernandez from the competition. In 2003, finalist Frenchie Davis was dismissed because of her appearance on an adult Web site; but last year, Antonella Barba remained in the competition after racy photos of her surfaced on the Internet.

Fox spokeswomen Jill Hudson did not immediately return telephone calls seeking comment Monday.

According to Bryan, Hernandez steadily worked at the club for three years until September 30, 2007.

"He never renewed his licensing with the state, so he hasn't been on my roster since then," Bryan said.

Bryan said he was aware that Hernandez was a vocalist, but that Hernandez never sang at the club. Bryan said he now believes Hernandez stopped working at the club because of his participation in "American Idol." Hernandez has never been referred to as a stripper or former stripper during the Fox singing competition.

Rumors of a stripper past — along with photos of a scantily clad Hernandez working as a bartender at gay nightclub Burn — were first posted last week on VoteForTheWorst.com, a site that encourages "Idol" viewers to vote for "the bad and truly entertaining contestants."

"It was like moths to a flame," said VoteForTheWorst.com founder Dave Della Terza. "As soon as I posted that, we started getting 10, 20 letters every single day from people saying, 'Yeah, he's a stripper in Phoenix.'"

Terza and other members of VoteForTheWorst.com community scoured MySpace, Photobucket and other social networking and photo sharing sites to find information and images of Hernandez. Terza said he contacted the club to confirm the Internet chatter, but they never got back to him.

"They said they couldn't give me a statement before talking to their lawyers," said Terza.

Hernandez, who originally auditioned for "Idol" in San Diego on July 30, 2007, is in the Fox singing competition's top 16 contestants. Last week, he earned rave reviews from the judges after his performance of The Temptations' "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." He is scheduled to perform with the other male contestants on Tuesday's show.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
"It was like moths to a flame," said VoteForTheWorst.com founder Dave Della Terza. "As soon as I posted that, we started getting 10, 20 letters every single day from people saying, 'Yeah, he's a stripper in Phoenix.'"

Brilliant comment! LOL!!! You just know he's been dying to use that one and to see if it could get past.

Last night was pretty bleh. No one really blew me away. It's too bad that Danny guy looks like a girl/acts like a girl. He's got one of the better voices, but I can't help but laugh through 90% of his performances (especially last night).

I thought the dredlock guys song was good and was surprised that Simon enjoyed it. It's one of those songs that has a signature sound and he didn't quite pull it off, but I give him credit for trying.

I found it funny how "Wheeze-meister" Archuleta got the "that was too gloomy" comment from Simon, but then Simon later admitted that the Cohen / Buckley tune was one of his favorites.

I also liked how Randy showed us just how clueless he was by praising Michael Johns for doing a tune from Johns own countrymen INXS. HEY RANDY, YOU TWIT, IT WAS SIMPLE MINDS AND THEY'RE SCOTTISH!!!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
I thought Asiah going home was a mistake. But good thing Danny Noriega is GONE!!!!

I don't think Asia'h was a bad move. Aside from Amanda, who I don't really care for, I thought the others belonged there.