American Idol - Season 7

retro1983hat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AI has become something my older daughter and i watch together every year....but i can't/dont' watch the early audition shows. I can see why people would as some of the people embarrass themselves but once it gets to Hollywood..that's when i'll start watching

The stalker guy wins for the creepiest yet.

That crazy girl with the fingers, Alexis, was one of the craziest yet. The judges all gave her decent comments and said she was good, but just not right for the competition. Then she walks out and goes on about how rude they were. Either she is insane (my vote), or somebody did some nice editing to make her look insane (not beyond possibilities).

Princess Leia. Not much to say about her.

I wonder how many of the people have slight mental problems. The social worker guy who was 39 and wrote his anti-sex song, there was something wrong there for sure. Do these people have problems, or do the cameras make them freak out a little and they just come across weird.

I was quite happy to hear that the Chicago girl had a good voice. God, that would have been absolutely heartbreaking had she started to sing and then sucked. I was also impressed that when the judges asked her to tell them about herself that she didn't mention her daughter. Nice to see her avoiding the sympathy card with the judges. Save that one for America.

The guy towards the end with the dreadlocks, I expect him to bomb in Hollywood. He's just the type that seems like he will. You can almost start to pick the ones that will do really bad there after having watched this show for any length of time.

My tv is dead so I didn't see it but. . .

3 SEPARATE people have come up to me to comment that the Star Wars Princess Leia girl reminded them a lot (in dress, personality and mannerisms) to the person I share an office with. I'd seek out a clip--but one of them is enough I don't need to see another. . .

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
Princess Leia. Not much to say about her.

Come on, you had to love when she said(not verbatim) "If I dont win this, my only other option will be to become a corrections officer back home....which I have considered." or something to that effect

Seems like they are being really lenient this year on their selections.

I mean come on the political kid from Oklahoma was terrible and got ticket.

The girl who got in the car accident who sounded like a man she was alright not ticket worthy.

That roller coaster enthusiast guy was hilarious lol.

One last thing:

"Brothers fooooreveeer"

^Classic (if you saw the end youd know what I meant)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Come on, you had to love when she said(not verbatim) "If I dont win this, my only other option will be to become a corrections officer back home....which I have considered." or something to that effect

O.K., yes, you got me there. That may have been one of the greatest quotes in TV history.

My fave for the season is going to be the political kid, for sure. He's just bad enough, but totally likeable to make him the one I am pulling for.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
American Gladiators > American Idol

/runs and hides

They both suck on many levels, in all reality. BUT since AI is about music and not steroids and bad acting, I'll take AI. :D

The Brothers Forever thing was so dumb it had me laughing for minutes on end.

"I am your brother, together forever ..."

Also, if you watch closely, the clips they show of them singing aren't always the same as the judges clip. Two nights ago, a girl was singing and was missing an earring. Then she had two, then one, then two, back and forth.

Gina Glocksen said this last year as well.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
The Brothers Forever thing was so dumb it had me laughing for minutes on end.

"I am your brother, together forever ..."

Also, if you watch closely, the clips they show of them singing aren't always the same as the judges clip. Two nights ago, a girl was singing and was missing an earring. Then she had two, then one, then two, back and forth.

Gina Glocksen said this last year as well.

I noticed the girl with the missing earring too. There is some definite editing going on. Keep in mind these contestants are singing 2-4 times before they ever get to the judges over the course of a few weeks. When they had them in Birmingham, the people had to come back three different times, only seeing the judges the last time. Not sure exactly how they do the editing and the whole process, but the auditions do not happen in one or two days per city as they lead you to believe.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
Last night was San Diego. Pretty boring as far as the audition shows go. I liked the Irish girl at the end.

The only funny one for me was the girl who thought she sounded like Mariah Carey.

You mean the one from season 5 who got disqualified, then went on to be signed to a record label due to her exposure, then she was dropped only selling a couple hundred albums, and is now back? She's one of the ones that many feel are "plants" by the industry to stop the Sanjaya thing from happening again. There are numerous people who make it through who are signed artists. One guy was even nominated for a GRammy with Alicia Keys.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)
I'm wondering if this stuff will ever come to light, or if Vote For The Worst has shot itself in the foot by being obnoxious and just as mean-spirited as the show they attack:

http://votefortheworst.com/americanidol7contestants

The guy who originally created the votefortheworst website went to NIU...

As for the claims on the site, they are interesting and I believe kill the credibility of the show.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
The guy who originally created the votefortheworst website went to NIU...

As for the claims on the site, they are interesting and I believe kill the credibility of the show.

What does that mean? Or is this just a trivia fact you are handing out?

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 08:17 AM)
I know AI is trying to be nicer this year, but the auditions are just not the same without the idiot parade. I really don't care too much about people's back stories in the auditions. Give me the morons.

The morons usually are paraded forth when the audition part of the show is over and they get to hollywood. Right before all the real tryouts in hollywood AI usually runs a wrap-up show that gives you all of the morons and idiots you can handle