If the Cubs Won the World Series

Chisoxfn

Originally posted by Molto

I do agree that the Cubs are somewhat like the yankees, in that a lot of people like them, but even more hate them, and it all has to do with their park and fans.

I don't think many fans hate the Sox.  Actually, I think sox fans hate the Sox more than other fans :)

of course the lack of hatred for us is based that nobody knows who the hell we are.

If we won a bunch of series we'd be hated. I wish fans hated us cause typically when a team is hated they are winning.

Of course I don't think more people hate the Cubs in all honesty. What the hell is their to be jealous of. They suck just like the Sox have sucked historically. I'd understand if the Cubs were some powerhouse but they weren't, and neither were the Sox.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I just can't give up on my favorite team.  I've followed them for so long, and they were my first team to really like.

I do think having a new owner would be great, but hey, I'd love to win with JR at the helm too.  Either way, I'll always root for and support the Sox.

I'm with you jason. I'm a fan of the Sox and I'll always support them no matter what.

I'd love for them to win a world series, but I'm such a fan of the game as a whole that I can't get as serious and upset about it. don't get me wrong, if the Sox won the WS I'll probably break down in tears, but I like watching the Sox play because I like watching baseball.

I guess that is why I don't get as pissed as all you other guys.

Baseball is a great thing. I can sit down and if the Sox are playing and just watch the game non stop. I know the players and I really understand the gameplan and such.

I know baseball like I know no other sport. Its fun trying to think of what the manager should do, and then second guess them. Their are just so many things they can call: hit and run, sac bunt, drag bunt, squeeze, straight steal as well as all the bullpen changes, intentional walks, etc.

Plus its damn fun to play.

Originally posted by Cy Young Porzio

In response to whitesox fan i think you may be reading into what i said just a little(actually a lot) too much. Differently rivalries are of different magnitudes, and i personally dont feel that the cubs and sox is that big of one comapared to the astros or cardinals fans opinion. And just because i say they have problems is in no way telling someone what to be, it is just what i think of them. 

Here is a quote right from the (old) horse's mouth, Don Baylor(from an MLB story earlier in the year):

"For 27 innings, it feels like the playoffs and World Series to me because of the attention to detail that you have," Baylor said. "They bring their fans, we bring our fans and it's split. It's similar to the Cubs-Cardinals series. It's the exact same pressure."

Here's the story

And I'd like to ask you something...if I thought you had problems for liking the Cubs at all and that's the only reason, would you be fine with that?

Originally posted by Cy Young Porzio

In response to whitesox fan i think you may be reading into what i said just a little(actually a lot) too much. Differently rivalries are of different magnitudes, and i personally dont feel that the cubs and sox is that big of one comapared to the astros or cardinals fans opinion. And just because i say they have problems is in no way telling someone what to be, it is just what i think of them. 

And how would you know that with you living on the left coast?