QUES.........

Guest hotsoxchick1

we really need to change that rule.. because sometimes you cant get to the computer in time for the lineup and with the way the tinker boy likes to change things all the time its hard to keep up with whos gonna play and who aint............maybe an ammendment is in order here???????

I agree -

I know it is more work for the loyal staff here but if one designates:

if PK does not start, then BD

then there is no question that PK is not the pick if he comes into the game later

with getting R Alomar and C Everett now, guessing the PTC is far far secondary to guessing the starting line up and it is not always possible, almost impossible, to get to the computer between the announcement of the line up and the game start-

I disagree....it's just a game.

1 pick, whether that's a minute before the game and you're sure of the line up, or a week in advance and you're doing it blind.

y'all can kiss my butt if you don't like it. :bringit (ok, don't kiss it...at least not literally)

We have always played that you get one pick.  It is to easily jumbled if people are doing if/then picks.  Besides where do you draw the line for that type of stuff.  One pick is the easiest way to go.

You're running this thing, so whatever you want to do is cool. personally, it would help me because I'm usually sleeping at game time. However, I joined knowing I'd have that handicap.

But, I have a question. How does the rule work regarding you can't pick the same player more than once in any one week. Is that a calendar week, sunday thru saturday, or is it if you pick a player on Wednesday, you cannot do it again before the next Wednesday?

You're running this thing, so whatever you want to do is cool. personally, it would help me because I'm usually sleeping at game time.  However, I joined knowing I'd have that handicap.

But, I have a question. How does the rule work regarding you can't pick the same player more than once in any one week.  Is that a calendar week, sunday thru saturday, or is it if you pick a player on Wednesday, you cannot do it again before the next Wednesday?

YOu can pick the same player twice within a week. And because of the way series run in MLB, we had decided to make the week start on Monday and end on Sunday. Sun-Sat would break up the weekend series into different weeks.

we really need to change that rule.. because sometimes you cant get to the computer in time for the lineup and with the way the tinker boy likes to change things all the time its hard to keep up with whos gonna play and who aint............maybe an ammendment is in order here???????

HSC, the voice of reason? :o :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i dont know about the voice of reason... but, jm makes it very hard to pick anyone cause you never know (outside the usual suspects) whos gonna play... there were times i would have picked someone like dauber, harris, rowand et el... but i never know when they are gonna show up in the lineup and by the time its announced its very hard to get on here in time to make a pick or change a pick... so i stay with the usual guys maggs, frank, val, lee because i know they will be in the lineup every day....or at least should be...........but whatever the board wants is ok with me.......

You're running this thing, so whatever you want to do is cool. personally, it would help me because I'm usually sleeping at game time.  However, I joined knowing I'd have that handicap.

But, I have a question. How does the rule work regarding you can't pick the same player more than once in any one week.  Is that a calendar week, sunday thru saturday, or is it if you pick a player on Wednesday, you cannot do it again before the next Wednesday?

YOu can pick the same player twice within a week. And because of the way series run in MLB, we had decided to make the week start on Monday and end on Sunday. Sun-Sat would break up the weekend series into different weeks.

Thank you for clarifying that for me.