Corey Patterson out for year

IlliniKrush

At the time the 32nd man ballot wasn't even out...don't make light of this injury, you never want to see good guys like that get hurt

Agreed, this is a serious injury and CP is a good guy. He's worked really hard to get where he is and I never like seeing a talented player get hurt, especially one that is also a class guy.

Hope all goes well since a Cub like Corey has more class in his pinky finger than a Cub like ShamME!

In '01, Cub fans told me..... and I quote..... "Contenders work their way through the injuries." Guess we'll get to see if the Cubs are a contender since their offensive leader is out until at least ST.

This is a tough break for Patterson and the Cubs. The one thing the Cubs couldn't afford to lose was on of their better bats. I'm not going to examine and figure out what I'd do if in their shoes, because I really don't care. But I hate to see the serious injury to a fine young ballplayer.

Ouch this has to hurt for the Cubs. Now their concerns will have to go to the outfield as well as third base. Patterson aint like the other classless scrubs and its always sad to see a guy with speed and power who finally seems to be getting his s*** together go down like that.