Corey Patterson out for year

IlliniKrush

How in the hell did he just jump up and walk off the field yesterday, with just a minor limp?

You can walk on a torn ACL, but if you try running or doing anything athletic, forget it, your knee is like jello.

I think he jumped up and walked off on purpose. To try to get fans to vote for him since he was on the 32nd man ballot (toughness). They probably declared him out for the year so they can take him off the ballot so he does not finish last in voting!

I think he jumped up and walked off on purpose. To try to get fans to vote for him since he was on the 32nd man ballot (toughness). They probably declared him out for the year so they can take him off the ballot so he does not finish last in voting!

At the time the 32nd man ballot wasn't even out...don't make light of this injury, you never want to see good guys like that get hurt

At the time the 32nd man ballot wasn't even out...don't make light of this injury, you never want to see good guys like that get hurt

Your right. I am making this seem funny! A t torn ACL is a big deal. Sorry guys! But, he still is a Cub.

I really don't want anyone to be hurt, and the only guy on the Cubs that'd i'd be fine if he got hurt was Sosa because he's a cheater and a whiny little baby.

If it happened to Maggs, and cubs fans laughed in your face, you'd be awfully pissed. It's classless.

That sucks for a couple reasons

* Corey seems like a good guy.

* Hate to see that happen to someone

* Gives the Cubs another excuse for losing

* May stop the good Cub fans for voting for Frank while they voted for Corey

Fortunately the surgery has come a long way. He should be able to recover and hopefully be ready for ST.

Don't laugh at injuries like that, especially to a good guy like Corey...you are only asking for one of our guys to be hurt

Exactly. Cheering for a guy to get hurt, or be guilty of a crime, is sad.

Yes all the Scrub fans I know weren't dancing over our injuries in '01 and I wouldn't do it when Lieber(another good guy) went down last yr and I won't now with CP.

Now if some future HOFer had an owie on his toe and couldn't play in the crosstown now that might be a little different but nothing severe like this.

Corey was running hard. He does not seem like the type of player who slacks off. I hope he gets better and the injury has no lingering effects. You can't help but feel for him, young guy having his breakout season cut short by an injury trying to beat the ball on a bang-bang play at first.

One person said Cubs fans would rub it in our face if Mags got hurt like this. I do not think any reall sports fans would say anything of the sort. People who are only on a bandwagon and do not really know the sport may, but real Cubs fans would be hard to see saying tat stuff. I know we don't get along, but serious injurys are no laughing matter.

Corey was running hard. He does not seem like the type of player who slacks off. I hope he gets better and the injury has no lingering effects. You can't help but feel for him, young guy having his breakout season cut short by an injury trying to beat the ball on a bang-bang play at first.

One person said Cubs fans would rub it in our face if Mags got hurt like this. I do not think any reall sports fans would say anything of the sort. People who are only on a bandwagon and do not really know the sport may, but real Cubs fans would be hard to see saying tat stuff. I know we don't get along, but serious injurys are no laughing matter.

No no no, i said "if" they laughed if maggs got hurt, not that they would. I was just giving a reason why we shouldn't laugh at Patterson's injury.

Honest opinion here folks:

If you were Hendry, do you raise the white flag, or try to "replace" Patterson and then go get additional help. I think their best interest would be the latter, but i don't know what it would take to acquire a decent centerfielder, kenny lofton or somebody like that.

If you were Hendry, do you raise the white flag, or try to "replace" Patterson and then go get additional help. I think their best interest would be the latter, but i don't know what it would take to acquire a decent centerfielder, kenny lofton or somebody like that.

They could do us a favor by trading for Carlos Beltran(making KC an offer that they can't refuse).

KC would then be good in the future, but we are probably done after this year anyways.

They could do us a favor by trading for Carlos Beltran(making KC an offer that they can't refuse).

KC would then be good in the future, but we are probably done after this year anyways.

KC is in first place. They are not trading Beltran.

KC is in first place. They are not trading Beltran.

Their GM(Allan Baird, I think?) said that Beltran is available, but at a very steep price. He said he is not necessarily looking at only the present but also the future of the club.

Hypothetically, if we were rebuilding and we were 5 games above .500 at the ASB, and our big star who is looking to earn big bucks is a hot commodity.....yadda yadda yadda, same situation as the Royals.....and you get a trade offer of Juan Cruz, Angel Beltran(I think is that kid's name in the minors for the Cubs who is lights out) and Bobby Hill, along with some cash, would you take it? It will upset a lot of fans, but I probably would.

That's kind of the situation he is in. He isn't going to trade him for a sack of marbles and a back of potato chips. However, if he gets a truly great offer, he will deal him. That's where I hope the Cubs come into play.

Don't laugh at injuries like that, especially to a good guy like Corey...you are only asking for one of our guys to be hurt

that is indeed one of the reasons to never be happy about an injury to anyone and thanks for posting a response so fast - I have no idea whether Patterson is a good guy or not, but there is no joy in the injury of another human being

thanks again

Score reporting torn ACL....cubs are toast

Wow, now this means the cubs may end up having to trade a lot of their amrs to add someone.

I could see them going after Ken Griffey JR. and eating his contract so they wouldn't have to give up much, but would the Reds deal within the division. Brian Giles would also make sense for them.