BENEFIT FOR 4-YEAR OLD GIRL ATTACKED BY DOG

Leonard Zelig

If any of you have been in Carbondale this summer, you may have heard of Rosie Gordon. She is a 4 year old girl who was attacked by an American Bulldog this June.

Rosie is recovering in a St. Louis hospital after suffering severe facial wounds in a dog attack in Carbondale this June. Surgeons have completed a first round of procedures to repair her chin and mouth, but much more work lies in Rosie's future. More facial reconstruction and physical and speech therapies are among the plans doctors have for the girl.

There will be a benefit show to help raise money for Rosie's medical bills at Hangar 9 this Saturday from 3 pm. until close.

ROCK OUT FOR ROSIE--click on "this weeks issue" and then "music" for more info.

Rosie's mom is an old friend of mine and my band Jackhead is happy to be helping out by playing this show.

Bands performing include:

Blue Afternoon

Carter and Connelley

Natives

MoJoDeans and Friends

Roger Pugh and the DNA Vibrators

Moonbuggy Kids

Jackhead

Donations are also being accepted at REACH OUT TO ROSIE

If you live in or near Carbondale, come on out Saturday night to hear some music and support a good cause.

$5 will get you in after 8pm, or $15 before 8 includes a buffet catered by Hunan.

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
LZ, thanks for bumping this as I didn't see it when you initally posted it. There's no way I could go so I made a Paypal donation. :pray for brave little Rosie.

Wow, thanks Steff, that was very nice of you. :notworthy

Anybody else in the Carbondale area, come on out tonight, silent auction, live music, drink specials and it's all for a great cause.