Top Prospects in baseball

IlliniKrush

Just curious what your top 15-20 prospects in baseball right now are (guys who aren't in the bigs yet or just got there, like cabrera and morneau), i have a farm system draft for my keeper league coming up and was interested in some other opinions from the knowledgeable people on this board before i compile my final list.

If I had to name 15 guys, here's who I'd name (in no particular order):

Joe Mauer, Jose Reyes (already up), Scott Kazmir, Gavin Floyd, Casey Kotchman, Victor Martinez (up), Jason Stokes, Justin Morneau (up), Scott Hairston, Hanley Ramirez, B.J. Upton, Colby Lewis, Adam Wainwright, Bryan Bullington, Delmon Young.

That's just my list, but obviously, there's a lot of other guys who could be on it with ease.

I'm surprsied Rich Harden didn't make the list.

For me:

Catchers:

Joe Mauer

Jeff Mathis

Victor Martinez

First Base:

Hep Sep Choi (If you count him)

Casey Kotchman

Justin Morneau

Adrian Gonzalez (Of the Marlins; I think thats his name)

Second Base:

Brandon Phillips (If you count him)

-Not familiar with other second base prospects too much. Usually I don't pay much attention to middle infielders cause most of them fail.

Shortstop:

Jose Reyes

BJ Upton

Hanley Ramirez

Khalil Greene

3rd Base

Textiera (If you count him)

Youkilis

OF

Miguel Cabrera - Also 3rd baseman, but if Lowell stays Cabrera will be here

Nick Swisher

Wily Mo Pena (if he ever got playing time)

Jeremy Reed (I think he's pretty damn good)

Delmon Young (Lastings Millede as well)

Pitchers

Harden

Grienke

Kazmir

Floyd

Ervin Santana

This is just a quick look at it and I'm not quite the MLB expert as someone like Cerb or some others.

B.J. Upton (TB)

Hanley Ramirez (BOS)

Gavin Floyd (PHI)

Joe Mauer (MIN)

Earvin Santana (ANA)

Kevin Youkilis (BOS)

John VanBenschoten (PIT)

Zack Grienke (KC)

Clint Nagoette (SEA)

Adam Wainwright (ATL)

Andy Marte (ATL)

Scott Kazmir (NYM)

Khalil Greene (SD)

Joe Blanton (OAK)

Nick Swisher (OAK)

Damn I forgot about Marte. He definately makes the list. That kid can hit. He crushed the ball when I was watching him down at the Carolina/California league all star game.

Another guy I left off is our very own Kris Honel. I think he's one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, although he's not quite a Top 15 guy yet. Nor is Reed, but both are close.

I still think the Sox could get Santana in return. I just heard that the Angels are going to be trying to add a bat or two. Angels have quite a few issues. In all honesty I could see some type of package worked out where the Sox land Adam Kennedy, Almazega, and Santana for Roberto Alomar and Frank Thomas or throw out the name Santana and Frank.

Alomar, Lee or Daubbie and Loaiza and you could get Kennedy Almazega and two top prospects (One being Santana; and damn would I love to acquire Mathis) although I highly doubt these trades happen.

I do think Kennedy would be a good pickup though.

Bullington? lol, what a joke. I'd rather have Sean Burnett than Bryan Bullington.

The only reason I listed Bullington is because he is from around here and we played against him back in the day. Otherwise, he wouldn't be on there. Gotta root for the hometown guys.