20th anniversary of the NES

GASHWOUND

The hockey game that was discussed earlier was called Blades of Steel. :headbang

Yeah I remember that game too. But the one I had Ice Hockey was an Olympic hockey game and I always picked 4 fat guys and made them from Czechoslovakia for some reason that was my favorite team.

Anyways if you really wanna play NES you guys should just do a search for "NES Emulators" and "NES ROMS" on google and just download whatever the heck you wanna play. I remember me and sideshow would be playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out for hours every night freshman year. I swear its a helluva lot easier than tracking down old cartridges which are prolly gonna start selling at antique prices soon.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contra would probably be on my all time best games I played..maybe my top 5..

I loved that game..and with the 2 player mode you can blow s*** up together :headbang

Up, Down, Left Right, Up Down, A B, A B select start or something like that. Unlimited lifes :headbang

I remember..it was like, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start :headbang :rolleyes:

I think that may be right.

I'm almost 99% sure that's it...

I loved that game..and with the 2 player mode you can blow s*** up together :headbang

Up, Down, Left Right, Up Down, A B, A B select start or something like that. Unlimited lifes :headbang

I remember..it was like, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start :headbang :rolleyes:

Thats right Gash...up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,start

99 men....you guys (and girls) are gonna make me bust out the NES in about 5 minutes!!!

Thats right Gash...up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,start

99 men....you guys (and girls) are gonna make me bust out the NES in about 5 minutes!!!

Yours still works??? I would have busted it out 2 hours ago if the damn thing worked...I only have about 3 games of my orginal 60 titles that i had..

damn gash,

never heard of intellivision. it was pretty cool. had a bizarre controller. kind of a disc you rotated to move around. also had kind of a calculator pad on it.

it was a little more sophisticated than the atari. pre-dated nintendo 5-7 years.

anyway, thanks for making me feel old. i guess i will start posting at wsi with the other geriatrics :P

lawrence taylor was so dominant in tecmo super bowl. i would just bring him off the corner and nail the quarterback. what was great was when you could sniff out the flea flicker, and crush the qb before the rb pitched it back, causing a fumble. also, remember that guitar music that would always run during the plays? like ready, down...hut hut hut (snap) ::cue crazy guitar music::, and then all the crazy cut scenes when they caught the ball (sometimes when they didnt).

ahh i just cant leave 1993 behind. ^_^

I'm playing Tecmo Super Bowl right now, Spiff...with Oakland....gotta have my Bo Jackson....unfortunately, he comes along with Jay Schroeder at QB!!

DANG!! Kickoff, and Tim Brown gets hurt

who are you playing against? i used to love on the long runs how when someone would catch you from behind you could mash the buttons and throw them off, and walk in.

I'm Oakland, playing first game of 1991 season...against the Houston Oilers...they are hurting...I'm up 32-0 in the 3rd....Bo has broken 2 runs of 70+ yards....gotta use the zig-zag, up and down the field method....and I have 2 safeties on them. But Tim Brown is already hurt on a kickoff return

With the Raiders, you can be Howie Long on defense, and as the ball is snapped, you can just dive and by the time the QB finishes his 4-step drop, he's down for a sack. It's quite realistic. :D

I remember one year on New Year's Eve, I played an entire season of Tecmo (including playoffs) with the Raiders. I must have played for at least 5 hours straight. Oh, to be young again. *sigh*

I've moved on to a little River City Ransom now....one of my all time favorites

I hate you... :D

having a working Nintendo and games :fyou :D :D

Anyways..anybody remeber this caveman game on the NES..he had a club and s***..

(I know, great description)

But there couldn't have that many caveman games :huh:

A Boy and his Blob...now that was a fun game...i should go try to find that one...then again, i used to love playing Friday the 13th on NEW...till you killed Jason the 1st time, then after that, he was next to impossible!!!

A Boy and his Blob...now that was a fun game...i should go try to find that one...then again, i used to love playing Friday the 13th on NEW...till you killed Jason the 1st time, then after that, he was next to impossible!!!

I just remember these giant dino eggs you cracked and s***...I don't know why that game popped in my mind just know :huh:

I just remember these giant dino eggs you cracked and s***...I don't know why that game popped in my mind just know :huh:

i think i know what you're talkin about, was it the caveman guy with pink hair? i can't think of the name it's killin me.