AAP: Tyler Flowers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
I see no reason to trade Flowers in the near future. If he's productive this year, you have a solid 3rd string catcher at AAA for the time-being and a backup catcher/platoon option for 2012. He'll have decent trade value, but considering we'll need a long-term answer at catcher, his value will likely be greater to our team. If he sucks, he'll basically destroy any value he has at the moment and becomes organizational filler. Considering we probably can't get much for him right now anyways, might as well roll the dice on him having a bounce-back season. I still believe he can become a solid catcher in the future.

This basically sums up my thoughts.

QUOTE (IChaseBlackWood @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
ANYONE heard ANYTHING about Dubler?!

He is my AAP. There is a thread in here for him too, here is the link.

Basically, after a few disappointing seasons, he became a backup in the system. Filler, basically. And barring injuries to other prospects, he's not likely to break out of that role. He played about 50% of games last year in Kanny, and put up a less than stellar .197/.323/.261/.584 line. About the only positive for him offensively is that he does walk a fair amount. He got red hot in May with a .323/.500/.419/.919 line, but hit under .200 in three other months.

Haven't heard anything about this season for him yet.

• 4 months later...