ok that was probably the most lame

Guest hotsoxchick1

Guest hotsoxchick1

rendition of the national anthem i have heard at one of these things thus far......geez us .. with all the singing talent in the world you would think that for a big event like this they would choose someone who doesnt give a run of the mill performance.......... :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
who cares, vanessa carlton is dominant. appreciated the little run there too. :headbang

never even heard of her till tonite...........what does she sing????

Guest hotsoxchick1
i didnt think she was that bad.

it wasnt bad singing.. it was boring..........no life to it.... no drama like usual.... just blah........

Guest hotsoxchick1
man, this i a rough crowd in here. down on the nat'l anthem

it just seems to me that when other cities host this event theres all kinds of glam and glitz.....this has been one heck of a boring experience .. hell the one in 83 had more excitement to it........i dont know about anyone else but i enjoy the hoopla that comes with events like this......either fox sucks at broadcasting, or jr is hosting one of the most bland all star games in history........ :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
FOX also leaned hard on wanting Clemens in the ASG.  That's one of the reasons Zito got taken off the team because FOX wanted Clemens. [aside from Zito pitching before too]

well i dont know about that but.. i sure wish some other network was boradcasting this......even down to the announcers who suck.. this is boring as hell to watch on tv......... :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Fox didn't play the Canadian anthem, that was kinda lame I thought. :canada

yeah that was pretty crappy for you matt........... :angry: ... oh canada... :canada

Guest hotsoxchick1
Sarah McLachlan has one of the nicest voices around.  Why not have her do it? :huh:

like is said before clujo... with all the singing talent in the world ........this has got to be by far the most laid back all star game i have ever watched.....calm....no life.....no frills... just blah........mho.....

It was lame. The only entertaining thing was watching her pull up on her top to keep her boobs from popping out.

I still think that the best rendition of anything at a ballpark was the first home game after Sept 11, when Pat Arnold sang God Bless America during the 7th inning. It was the most heartfelt inspiring version of any patriotic song I have ever heard. There are a lot of people that should watch that tape and take notes.

I only got to listen on the radio and it sounded great.

The best National Anthem ever was Huey Lewis and The News in Phoenix against the Bulls in the finals. He was hitting everything, while standing with his hands in his pockets.

I have to say that the National Anthem was pretty bad. Did you hear Ms. Carlton destroy the lyrics. I distinctly heard her say " and the ramparts we light are so galantly streaming" You'd think one qualification for singing the national anthem would be to know the words, but maybe thats just me. She would have been better off just playing it on the piano and keeping her mouth shut!! My personal favorite rendition of the national anthem is when Zakk Wylde (a guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne) played it on an electric guitar at a Mets game. You can't possibly screw that up!!! It was awesome!

Other than that I thought the all-star game was done very well. I hate to see them turn the midsummer classic into a circus, so I was very pleased with the conservative approach. It reminded me of the good old days when baseball was at it's best. Though Fox did it's best to destroy that, but failed miserably. I do still think Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are a great two-man booth. After that, the rest of them suck!!! :fthecubs

They had a close up of her during the entire thing and I didn't see/hear her once mess up the words. She was obviously having trouble with her ear piece. But I don't think she messed up the words at all.

I thought she did a fine job, but really i don't care too much about who sings the anthem

If you want a laugh, turn on Boers and Bernsy at 1:58ish and listen to their closing....they play this clip from a Hawks game where he totally makes up jibberish words towards the end of the anthem, it's really pretty ridiculous.