One Year Ago

johndyce

Think about this. What if one year ago, someone told you Esteban Loazia would be starting the All-Star game.

I think my first reaction would be, " Esteban who?"

Then I would say ' You're f***ing nuts"

He has gotta be the best signing in baseball for this year. Remember when we were all talking in spring training how he might make the rotation. And so far this year he is the ace of our staff. One year ago, if you said a white sock was starting the all-star game, I would say " Good JOb Mark"

I cant believe nobody knew who Loaiza was! I have been following him since his breaakout with Pitt in 97. Then was traded to Texas and was their ace (although they had no good pitchers that year) and then was traded to Toronto. I wanted the Sox to sign him so bad this off-season and I was so excited when I found out we got him for a non-guarateed contract!

I'm not gonna give kw once ounce of credit for bringing in Loaiza. Nobody and I mean nobody thought Loaiza would be this good. He brought him in to pretty much give Garland and Wright a lil bit more insentive to get better. Anybody who wants to give kw credit has to look no further then the Todd Ritchie deal and the Billy Botch fiasco.

I'm not gonna give kw once ounce of credit for bringing in Loaiza.  Nobody and I mean nobody thought Loaiza would be this good.  He brought him in to pretty much give Garland and Wright a lil bit more insentive to get better.  Anybody who wants to give kw credit has to look no further then the Todd Ritchie deal and the Billy Botch fiasco.

Agreed. That's also way Gil Heredia was signed.

The only thing KW deserves credit for is for trading for Colon.

I cant believe nobody knew who Loaiza was! I have been following him since his breaakout with Pitt in 97. Then was traded to Texas and was their ace (although they had no good pitchers that year) and then was traded to Toronto. I wanted the Sox to sign him so bad this off-season and I was so excited when I found out we got him for a non-guarateed contract!

I knew who Loaiza was. I know every good player. I just dont follow em...

WTF! He gets a lot of credit for this. He rolled the dice and got lucky. When no one else wanted him, we did. All of the MLB missed out on him and obviously KW "saw" something in E-Lo!

The only reason why KW invited Loaiza to Sox Training Camp was because Loaiza would be cheap . KW didn't see anything redeeming in Loaiza. TRUST ME ON THAT! Loaiza, at the time, wasn't even guaranteed the job. KW "the talent scout" invited 1 or 2 other pitchers that would come equally as cheap as Esteban to Sox Training Camp too.

:fyou KW!!!!! He couldn't find a Loaiza from scratch if he f***ing tried.

i was excited when we got Loaiza, but apparently I am one of the few who actually knew who he was.

I also think Kenny should keep his job, he makes gutsy trades. Thats what it takes to win. And we all know, trades don't always work. I will always back his trade for David Wells, I was excited when he made that trade. He also got Glover for Snyder. Olivo, Marte, Colon, Alomar, and Everett. Sure the Koch thing blew up, as did the wells and ritchie thing. But I don't know if any of the guys we traded to the Pirates would be on the team anyway. Except maybe Wells, and I remember a whole bunch of Sox fans who couldn't wait for him to be gone. The Clayton trade was bad only because we kept playing him. Myette has amounted to nothing. And I for one am glad to see D'angelo gone. And I said the same thing when Singleton was traded. Sure he has made a couple bad trades, but who hasn't?