A few Sox-Cubs nuggets

StatManDu

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=84...&topic=8433

The Sox current 4-game winning streak over the Cubs is tied for their longest in the series. The Sox also won four straight in 1999. ... John Danks' 9 strikeouts Wednesday were the msot ever by a Sox pitcher vs. the Cubs. The previous best was 8 set by the likes of Mark Buehrle and Javier Vazquez.

QUOTE (StatManDu @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=84...&topic=8433

The Sox current 4-game winning streak over the Cubs is tied for their longest in the series. The Sox also won four straight in 1999. ... John Danks' 9 strikeouts Wednesday were the msot ever by a Sox pitcher vs. the Cubs. The previous best was 8 set by the likes of Mark Buehrle and Javier Vazquez.

Javy probably lost the game he pitched.

That was one of the most satisfying Sox over Cubs wins I've been to in a while. I always love stealing one at Wrigley. The suicide squeeze? C'mon! That was the kind of smallball I love.

I have to say though: it was the least charged and, at first, most sparsely attended Cubs/Sox I've been to. Maybe it was the rainout, maybe it was 'cause it was on a weekday but the playoff atmosphere was just not there yesterday like it usually is. Made getting a seat easy, but it was noticeable.

Maybe it'll pick up at the Cell.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)
That was one of the most satisfying Sox over Cubs wins I've been to in a while. I always love stealing one at Wrigley. The suicide squeeze? C'mon! That was the kind of smallball I love.

I have to say though: it was the least charged and, at first, most sparsely attended Cubs/Sox I've been to. Maybe it was the rainout, maybe it was 'cause it was on a weekday but the playoff atmosphere was just not there yesterday like it usually is. Made getting a seat easy, but it was noticeable.

Maybe it'll pick up at the Cell.

Maybe they'll get back to scheduling all the crosstown games on the weekend, like they should, instead of trying to have the midweek sell outs they thought they'd have.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
Maybe they'll get back to scheduling all the crosstown games on the weekend, like they should, instead of trying to have the midweek sell outs they thought they'd have.

Agreed. These games should always be weekend series.

I thought I remember some talk last year (or maybe the year before) about not having the usual 6 intra-city games and only having one series. What if the Sox and Cubs only played when the AL Central and NL Central played? Probably not frequent enough, but those games would be amped.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
I thought I remember some talk last year (or maybe the year before) about not having the usual 6 intra-city games and only having one series. What if the Sox and Cubs only played when the AL Central and NL Central played? Probably not frequent enough, but those games would be amped.

As a Sox fan and a baseball fan, I love these games and the rivalry. It's good for the game and I don't want to see it end or be diminished in any way.

Does anybody know what the hell they were thinking by moving this off of a weekend? That just seemed like insanity to me. It also discourages fans from going to all three games and making a weekend out of it, which I've always done.

You could sure tell the difference yesterday, no doubt. Wonder if it's like that today too. Although Thursday is at least closer to a weekend day.