Weather

Heads22

It was f***ed up yesterday...there was a tornado northwest of town, it pulled back up into a funnel/wall cloud going over Oelwein....we were under a tornado warning for quite a while...then the stuff headed south towards Cedar Rapids (which, if any of you know, is a big city by Iowa standards -2nd largest at about 175,000) I was watching...they got hit by an F2 Tornado...speeds downtown from 72 to 100 mph winds...no one was hurt...it was really cool watching it on tv when stuff started going nuts.

Same s*** we had.  Lightning strikes caused all kinds of problems here, including taking down the south branch of electric trains in Chicago

We had ungodly lightning and rain....best thing to have during a storm is like a Uniden scanner...scan the fire/emergency frequency...you can hear spotter chatter...

We had ungodly lightning and rain....best thing to have during a storm is like a Uniden scanner...scan the fire/emergency frequency...you can hear spotter chatter...

I live about a mile from Lake Michigan in an area that is mediorilogcially safe because of Lake Michigan. We have only had the Tornado sirens go off about 3 times in the 25 or so years that I have lived here. I heard sirens about twice that many times in just the four years I was away for college.

I live about a mile from Lake Michigan in an area that is mediorilogcially safe because of Lake Michigan.  We have only had the Tornado sirens go off about 3 times in the 25 or so years that I have lived here.  I heard sirens about twice that many times in just the four years I was away for college.

I've heard them probably about once or twice a year...once though I was outside in my driveway because I wanted to see how humid it felt...I look up...there's a goddamn funnel cloud forming over my house...so being the genius i am...i go in the house to get my dad to come out and look at it...it was freaky...

I've heard them probably about once or twice a year...once though I was outside in my driveway because I wanted to see how humid it felt...I look up...there's a goddamn funnel cloud forming over my house...so being the genius i am...i go in the house to get my dad to come out and look at it...it was freaky...

LMAO, I did basically the samething in college. I had never seen a funnel cloud and I wanted to see what one looked like. And I thought that 15K a year was a waste of money for tuition! :lol:

LMAO, I did basically the samething in college.  I had never seen a funnel cloud and I wanted to see what one looked like.  And I thought that 15K a year was a waste of money for tuition! :lol:

That thunder gets f***ing loud when you live wwithin a half mile of a radio tower, 1/4 of a water tower that is the next tallest thing, and a couple of blocks from stadium lites and the hospital that get struck regularly...

Guest hotsoxchick1

tell me about sucky weather... early this morning after finally getting to sleep i was rocked awake by the sound of the loudest thunder i heard and felt in a long time.. it was so bad it shook all the glass mugs i have on a shelf in the living room off the shelf and rocked my windows and house.........then the hail came and if you have any questions about baseball sized hail just ask my neighbor whos brand new expedition looks like someone took a sledge hammer to it ....it was parked outside in the driveway when the hail hit........broke the windshield and the suv is now totaled... on his house used to be a nice bay window which faces the way the hail was coming from is now holding a nice piece of plywood till the new window comes in.....as for me i get a new roof and siding put on soon.. thank you insurance......and hail storm.......talk about s*** weather.......we sure have had our share this summer..........