Re-Shuffled Rotation

Cali

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Colon will be back on the 24th for the DH KW said. So based upon their results between now and then thats when the move will be made.

Three lefties, righties or ambidextrous in a row means nothing in my book. Styles, speed and pitches are all different. It's performance that counts. Richard hasn't performed well for several games, but has shown some success and looked good at times. If Colon can do the job and Richard can't then you will see the change made after the 24th probably. No doubt Richard will get another chance or two though to show if he can do it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 07:21 AM)
I want you to watch all the video of how Aaron Poreda has pitched this year, and then watch the video of Clayton Richard. I then want you to read scouting reports on both players, and look at their minor league numbers, thereafter I want you to justify to me how Clayton Richard is decidedly a better option then Aaron Poreda. Also, to all those angry over this rotation, I suspect it’s going to look a bit different in two weeks, not Halladay different, but different.

I'm not against putting Poreda in the rotation. If Colon is still doing poorly, I would suggest putting him in the rotation and giving Clayton some time in the bullpen. He can't be any worse. To me, it seems like people are expecting Aaron to come in and make it through a major league line up several times without getting hit hard. I don't think he has enough pitches to make it through more than a few innings yet.

Is it really a surprise that Richard is still in the rotation? I think we all know that Colon will take his spot back as soon as he's ready, but he's obviously not ready yet. The only other viable option is Poreda, and although I'd ultimately like to see Poreda get a shot, everyone knew it wasn't going to be immediately.