Elvis Night

Pods22

Hey everyone. Anyone going to Elvis Night? Do they do anything before the game at the park? I have never been in before game time. I hear that Buffalo Wings and Rings is having an Elvis Show before and after the game, so that is an option if the park doesn't really do much for pregame.

Let me know

The flying Elvis' fly in on parachutes during the national anthem and afterwards right before the firwork display (fully equipped with roman candles coming out their arses), at least they used to jump before and after games, not sure anymore. They also have an Elvis look-alike parade along the warning track, and a bunch of cover Elvis acts. Looking forward to our annual patio party!

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
The flying Elvis' fly in on parachutes during the national anthem and afterwards right before the firwork display (fully equipped with roman candles coming out their arses), at least they used to jump before and after games, not sure anymore. They also have an Elvis look-alike parade along the warning track, and a bunch of cover Elvis acts. Looking forward to our annual patio party!

Then after the game, before the fireworks, they do a looooooooooooooooong, painful tribute show with an Elvis impersonator doing like a 10 song set, before they even start the fireworks. It was way too much last year, took like 45 minutes, before they even started the fireworks. Hopefully they shorten it this year.

Barring excitement on the field, Elvis Night is the best game to attend every year. It is always packed, it is typically a nice Friday night, the crowd itself is fun, and it is relatively late in the season so there is usually building pennant excitement. The promotion itself is silly and contrived, but that is what it is meant to be. It is an absolute blast in my opinion and I will be there again this year.

So I think we are going to go to Buffalo Wings and Rings pregame and then take the shuttle over to the game. They are having an Elvis show from 4:30-6. Then we will hang out and watch the post game show at the park. We may go to Buffalo Wings and Rings after for the Elvis show which if I remember correctly is from 11-12:30am. That is TBD though.

QUOTE (Pods22 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
So I think we are going to go to Buffalo Wings and Rings pregame and then take the shuttle over to the game. They are having an Elvis show from 4:30-6. Then we will hang out and watch the post game show at the park. We may go to Buffalo Wings and Rings after for the Elvis show which if I remember correctly is from 11-12:30am. That is TBD though.

that's a lot of elvis. in all seriousness 430-6 and 11-1230 are going to be the same thing, on top of what you're going to get at the game.