8/17 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
Sox signed Justin Knoedler today and assigned him to Charlotte. Three catchers on that roster now.

Knoedler was a nice prospect a couple years ago. Just another nail in Donny Lucy's coffin. I don't see a return to AAA in Lucy's future.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:20 AM)
Kind of outta the loop - is Flowers hurt?
He took a foul tip off his right hand on Saturday but was in the bullpen later that day warming up Van Benschoten. Doesn't sound like anything serious.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
Knoedler was a nice prospect a couple years ago. Just another nail in Donny Lucy's coffin. I don't see a return to AAA in Lucy's future.

More to do with the fact that Charlotte only has 10 position players, leaving one guy on the bench. If Flowers is dinged up, then they needed someone else. When Garcia goes up tomorrow, Wise would be a good choice to go to Charlotte.

I did get Fernando Cortez autograph tonight, but I didn't have the heart to remind him of the heckle that drew the bird from him. It would have been just too cold blooded. Still ironic as hell though. Plus I scored this sweet C.J. Retherford broken bat, I got him to sign it after the game. It's half dark green and half tan.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:22 AM)
If D2 gets hot, then yes. Long has been aces lately.

Edit: actually, D2 probably doesn't have to get hot for them to reach that. Yes, they will reach that.

Long has a fresh arm.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)

as long as this isn't one of those wrist injuries that can derail a career, this is actually somewhat comforting. By this I mean I'm kind of relieved to see there's something physically wrong with him to help explain the slump instead of a developmental step back. Hopefully this is something that rest and treatment can 100% fix. At this point there's zero need to rush him back and play him in the AFL or winter leagues

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
as long as this isn't one of those wrist injuries that can derail a career, this is actually somewhat comforting. By this I mean I'm kind of relieved to see there's something physically wrong with him to help explain the slump instead of a developmental step back. Hopefully this is something that rest and treatment can 100% fix. At this point there's zero need to rush him back and play him in the AFL or winter leagues

Totally agreed. This makes me worry much less about his lousy 2nd half, and I'll hold off on the BA/Sweeney statitical comparisons.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had been less than perfectly honest with the trainers, seeing that Beckham had made it so quickly, and no doubt dying to play with his older bro.