A letter from a fan inside Cuba

Cubano

This guy inside Cuba sent me the below in Spanish. I translated the best way I could. I hope some of you read it and feel good about living in USA. The guy has a college degree and follow MLB anyway he can. God Bless America! God: Do you have any blessing for Cuba?

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...-censor-us.html

Thanks for sharing that. It is an entirely different world just a short distance away from here. Camping out on the Dry Tortugas a while back I really started thinking about it. I was recreating, enjoying the island and the reefs while, literally less than 50 miles away, there is an entire nation of people with almost no personal rights who are often willing to risk their lives for a taste of the freedoms we enjoy.

I met him in a Cuban forum. You can not post anything about MLB so I started sending PM to several baseball fans with info about MLB, boxing, etc. Hell with the Commies!

You know what they do. They print and pass it along to others. I even send an email to a reporter with my blog and he thanked me because he needed info about Cubans outside the islands. Ha, ha , ha.

What the rest of you think about what he wrote?

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 07:05 AM)
Camping out on the Dry Tortugas

If you tell me you sailed there, I will be so envious . . .

I wonder why we can have so much well placed empathy for people in those living conditions and then feel so much disdain for those who flee those conditions and come here to work whatever menial job they can find. We'd love to help, just don't get too close.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)

No, we ferried over. But we did a lot of ocean kayaking while we were there.

I wonder why we can have so much well placed empathy for people in those living conditions and then feel so much disdain for those who flee those conditions and come here to work whatever menial job they can find. We'd love to help, just don't get too close.

I wonder the same thing all the time.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)

American's have despised immigrants since day one essentially. Think back through history to see how the Chinese were treated, how the Irish were treated, how the Jews were treated. Unfortunately, this isn't new.