question about minors

RNemz43

which class of minor league baseball generally has the most talent? i have heard that AAA is where the career-minor leaguers hang out, but i cant see that being the case. from someone else, i have also heard the most talent is in A or AAA ball. anyone know?

Normally AA is where the class athletes go eventually and many go straght to majors. I would say AA.

I agree MSF. But the answer depends on how you look at your question. Triple A is full of Minor League vets and is by and large an older league. It does have some prospects, but often times those prospects either don't spend a lot of time in AAA or they are there because they are stuck behind someone else.

AA is generally regarded as the prospect level. They say the hardest jump is from High Class A to AA, therefore those that produce at the AA level are generally highly regarded. Many of those do skip AAA altogether or as mentioned earlier, they only make a brief stop in Triple A because they are already deemed Major League ready.

AA is where the best prospects generally lie. If your talking about the White Sox this year, it really isn't the case as Neal Cotts was the only top prospect in AA for a while and then Jeremy Reed joined him there.

The Sox also have Bochard in AAA, but most of the Sox talent lays in the lower levels.

In general though, the best are in AA. AAA typically is where the best spend very little time (Usually for guys that are more raw on the most part or for guys who are stuck behind someone else at the major league level, as well as for AAAAers).

which class of minor league baseball generally has the most talent? i have heard that AAA is where the career-minor leaguers hang out, but i cant see that being the case.  from someone else, i have also heard the most talent is in A or AAA ball. anyone know?

considering the egg before the chicken question.

lets look at it this way, evey young person who starts off in baseball starts off in rookie or A so by defination, wouldn't they be the most talented. :D :whip

but i agree with the AA concept. always had and always will.