Crypt's 2010 3b Rankings

iWiN4PreP

Disclaimer: These are my personal thoughts (vibes) mixed in with ADP of other sites + stats to achieve a personal rankings list. Feel free to comment/berate/whatever. :)

Tier 1:

1. A Rod - A-Rod top Third baseman in a great situation. Lineup + Health should be good + Ballpark. Production value is great, and with name value im sure you could rip off a bunch of leaguemates.

2. Longoria - Seen Longoria's name been thrown around as alot of peoples MVP prediction. Come 2011 A-rod may lose his spot as number 1. But simply becuase one can't 100% guarantee progression (especially after the year Longoria had last year) he still has to prove he is better then A-rod in my book.

3. Wright - SB was excellent, lineup is back, the power is the question mark.. Could be a steal if power returns (power + SB? Wow?) or a major letdown if power does not return.

Tier 2:

4. Zimmerman - Under the radar type hitter, was real productive. Has a good track record, can expect strong numbers, but how strong is the question.

5. Sandoval - Guy is an absolute monster. People compare him to Albert Pujols. I see power increase, and possible top 12 pick next year with his average. If only he was in a better situation (lineup + ballpark)

6. Kevin Youkilis - Almost forgot Youk at third. Steady consistent numbers in a nice lineup. Solid but not flashy pick.

7. Reynolds- Alot of people will give me flack on throwing Reynolds down to 7. But I just don't put stock into a guy who strikes out as much as he does. The power was amazing with the SB, but personally, I just don't want him on my team. To much of a risk IMO.

8. Aramis Ramirez - Alot of the Cubs will be looking to rebound. Here is a great chance of steal. I can see 25+ homers good average good RBI. Possibly ADP Steal of the draft for some.

9. Figgins - Played great last year, Stolen bases with lots of runs here. Solid role player for your fantasy squad.

10. Young - Dont know what to expect here. Solid track record (one time was almost a first rounder back when he was a SS), great lineup/park, a solid but not flashy pick.

Tier 3

11. Gordon Beckham - Has 3b eligibility in most leagues, should be an easy tier 2 come next year, but there is always risk involved taking a young hitter, could be gold, or could go through some growing pains.

12. Ian Stewart - Strikes out a ton, but potential to have a monster year

13. Chipper Jones - His injuries move him here.

14. Alex Gordon - Might be a stretch putting his name up here in tier 3, but this seems to be the 'based around potential' tier. Will be had way late and with some experience under his belt, time to blossom?

15. Lowell - Nothing flashy, Solid.

16. Rolen - Solid year last year, Does enough to be picked.

Tier 4:

17. McGeehee - The definition of sleeper. Can be had any draft, I put him and Gordon this high becuase I don't like drafting mediocre/average hitters when there could

be an absolute breakout to be had.

18. Peralta - I like Peralta. I think the Indians will rebound. Could be a good pick, although I'm hopefully not having to rely on Peralta at third. Good pick in deeper leagues tho.

19. Kouzmanoff - Traded to The A's, I like what the A's are doing offensively, but I just don't see Kouz exploding or anything, blah pick.

The rest of the rest

Teahen could be a good provider of stats, Beltre, Glaus, Inge, Encarnacion, Mat Gamel, Jake Fox (Alot of people consider'd him a lock for 30 homers before the A's got Kouz, I don't think he's that valuable), Brandon Wood

Draft suggestion: Get Third Base early if you can, it is pretty top heavy. After the first 11 are gone, it is going to be rotten for the next team (esp considering Gordon beckham will be 2b eligible this year)

Edited by CryptviLL