Jenks Quits Drinking

DGSOXFan14

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
agree. you just set yourself up for failure/scrutiny.

Also, makes those who drink feel uncomfortable. Everybody has an inner battle with alcohol whether they admit it or not; and I don't think anybody wants to be reminded of it, especially by a successful person. That's the important part, but again, way to man-up Bob; F em all!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
agree. you just set yourself up for failure/scrutiny.

I disagree. The whole point of making a public statement is to hold yourself accountable. The scrutiny is welcomed.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
Also, makes those who drink feel uncomfortable. Everybody has an inner battle with alcohol whether they admit it or not; and I don't think anybody wants to be reminded of it, especially by a successful person. That's the important part, but again, way to man-up Bob; F em all!

I don't have an inner battle with alcohol. I have ~5 drinks/month and have no desire to have more. Does everyone have a battle with every other addictive substance?

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
I don't have an inner battle with alcohol. I have ~5 drinks/month and have no desire to have more. Does everyone have a battle with every other addictive substance?

I kinda have a coke and pills thing, but thats only me, I dont know if its universal.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
I disagree. The whole point of making a public statement is to hold yourself accountable. The scrutiny is welcomed.

Everybody was a bad word, I apologize. Rephrase to "Those who drink regularly, proudly or not.....". Alcohol is the only addictive substance that is considered legal and socially necessary. A drink a day is healthy for your heart too, don't forget. Again, sorry to generalize with "Everybody"; that wasn't accurate, especially in such a touchy subject for some. Again, way to man-up Jenks; hope you inspire more.