What is Danks' Contract Status?

Just wondering how long Danks is under contract? Looks like a lot of Sox fans either aren't sold on him, or wouldn't mind trading him for a big bat. Unless there is zero chance we are signing him to a long term deal, this makes no sense to me. With all due respect to Beckham, John Danks is the only player in the White Sox organization with a legitimate chance at being a superstar in this league. Even if we go into a prolonged rebuilding period (which, frankly, we should with the lack of elite level talent at any level of the organization), Danks is the closest thing to an untouchable player we have. Maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but his combination of stuff, peripherals, and progression in the bigs gives me confidence that he could be the Sox' best starting pitcher since Black Jack.

QUOTE (Obama and Ozzie in 2012 @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Just wondering how long Danks is under contract? Looks like a lot of Sox fans either aren't sold on him, or wouldn't mind trading him for a big bat. Unless there is zero chance we are signing him to a long term deal, this makes no sense to me. With all due respect to Beckham, John Danks is the only player in the White Sox organization with a legitimate chance at being a superstar in this league. Even if we go into a prolonged rebuilding period (which, frankly, we should with the lack of elite level talent at any level of the organization), Danks is the closest thing to an untouchable player we have. Maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but his combination of stuff, peripherals, and progression in the bigs gives me confidence that he could be the Sox' best starting pitcher since Black Jack.

He signed a 1 year $3.45M deal in the offseason to avoid an arbitration hearing, he is arbitration eligible for the next two years, IIRC.

You can find status of our players in this guide created by one of our admins here.

Welcome to the site.

QUOTE (Obama and Ozzie in 2012 @ May 1, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Looks like a lot of Sox fans either aren't sold on him, or wouldn't mind trading him for a big bat.

Really? I'd say there's more than a couple here willing to fellate the guy.