Could someone please enlighten me???

BridgeportHeather

Basically the Rule V draft is that you can draft minor league players that have had a certain amount of time with a minor league team. Once you draft them you must keep the player on your active roster for the rest of the season.

I'll find an real defintion when I get home from work. Been a real busy day at the office.

Text Blue

Heather & All: I need to be enlightened too.

How do you get those awesome "avatar" pictures to show up on the left side of your post?

I tired doing the Avatar thing a few times & was never successful.

I mean like the picture of Heather with the Redbird.

Judy, here's some instructions, hopefully they'll work. I wrote them up so who knows, lol.

First make a post, an go down into the attachment and attach the photo you would like to use(Thats if its coming off of your computer) After you attach it and make the post, then go back to the post and right click on the photo and hit properties and copy the url.

If you are pulling it from another website, then simply right click on the picture and hit properties and copy the url of it.

Once you have done either one of the instructions above then go into control panel on the message boards. Then hit edit profile and simply drop in the link in the avatar section.

Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird

Lately I have been hearing about something known as the "Rule V draft pick," but I don't have any clue about what that is.  Could any of you please enlighten me as to what it is?  Thanks!

First off, note that it's not the "Rule V Draft," but the Rule 5 draft. It's called the Rule 5 draft because the section of the Official Rules that covers the draft just happens to be Rule 5 in the book.

Eligibility: A player not on a team's Major League 40-man roster is eligible for the Rule 5 draft if: the player was 18 or younger when he first signed a pro contract and this is the fourth Rule 5 draft since he signed, OR if he was 19 or older when he first signed a pro contract and this is the third Rule 5 draft since he signed.

A player drafted onto a Major League roster in the Rule 5 draft must remain in the majors (on the 25-man active roster or the DL) for all of the subsequent season, or the drafting club must attempt to return him to his original club. However, since a returned Rule 5 player must first be placed on outright waivers, a third club could claim the player off waivers. But of course, that club would then also have to keep him in the majors all season, or offer him back to his original club.

Occasionally, the drafting club will work out a trade with the player's original team, allowing the drafting club to retain the player but send him to the minors.