Jorge Cantu to the Rangers

Eminor3rd

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Oh, I've followed the Marlins since their inception into the league, I completely agree. But you're looking at a 24 year old reliever in AA and a guy on the DL with TJS. I don't think they could have been expected to get anything that significant, but they threw in cash, which they never do, and this was all they got.

I will bet you that they've wanted those 2 guys for years.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
We should look at Dan Uggla. I think he could be converted to 3B, or worst case scenario be the DH.

The Marlins completely flipflopped on him a few weeks ago and decided that they're keeping him for now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
The Marlins completely flipflopped on him a few weeks ago and decided that they're keeping him for now.

That's a bummer. Outside of striking a little bit more than you would like to see, Dan Uggla is a really good ball player, and I thought for sure the Marlins were looking to get rid of his salary.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
That's a bummer. Outside of striking a little bit more than you would like to see, Dan Uggla is a really good ball player, and I thought for sure the Marlins were looking to get rid of his salary.

Between trying to get a new ballpark and the fact that everyone knows they rake in a ton from revenue sharing anyway, they're talking to him about an extension at this point.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Good for Uggla and the Marlins. Him and Ramirez easily make up the best offensive MI duo, don't they?

You can make a case for others I'm sure. Utley and Rollins comes to mind, but they're both hurting (although better defensively). Gimme a year and maybe we can talk Ramirez and Beckham?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
You can make a case for others I'm sure. Utley and Rollins comes to mind, but they're both hurting (although better defensively). Gimme a year and maybe we can talk Ramirez and Beckham?

Nah, I don't see it. Beckham certainly might become a better offensive player than Uggla, but I don't see Ramirez improving more than what we have seen out of him, unless someone gets through to him and he stops being so pull happy. Ramirez could be a stud if he used RF a lot more.