Illinois Voters

NorthSideSox72

Who are you voting for in IL?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for, for Governor?

• Pat Quinn (D, Inc)
    • Bill Brady (R)
    • Other
  2. 2. Who are you voting for, for US Senator?

• Mark Kirk (R)
    • Alexi Gianoulias (D)
    • Other

So I printed out a template ballot today, to check out the names for the races I don't know well yet, and then research the people running.

For State House 11th district, my choices are apparently a democrat whose consistently dodges questions of how to fix the budget, or a Republican whose web page is almost entirely written in Latin. Fantastic.

I want to make one plug here - I advise everyone to vote for Forest Claypool for County Assessor. He's one of the few honest, good guys in county government. He's normally a Dem, but Berrios ran him off the ballot with the machine.

By the way, here is my ballot for the major offices (and my endorsements, I guess you could say)...

US Senate: Kirk ®

Governor: Whitney (G)

AG: Madigan (D)

SecState: Hanson (I)

US Rep 4th: Burns (G)

State Rep 11th: Williams (D)

Water Dist: All Green Candidates

Cook County Board Prez: Keats ®

County Sheriff: Dart (D)

County Assessor: Claypool (I)

County Commissioner 12th: Fritchey (D)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
For State House 11th district, my choices are apparently a democrat whose consistently dodges questions of how to fix the budget, or a Republican whose web page is almost entirely written in Latin. Fantastic.

I thought you were joking. Oh dear.

Wtf is that guy doing?

Ill probably vote Quinn/G

I hate G, but lines have been drawn in the sand and at this point the only way to potentially protect my perspective is to basically vote straight Democrat.

I also am going to implore all of my friends to vote for a similar reason. Its hard to vote in non-Presidential years, which means that the more determined (aka older voters) will get more of a say. Regardless I think that in 2 years the Democrats will come back when its a Presidential election and people realize that many of the candidates were all talk no substance.

Or I wont vote at all, hard to tell what will happen Tuesday.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)

I hate G, but lines have been drawn in the sand and at this point the only way to potentially protect my perspective is to basically vote straight Democrat.

I also am going to implore all of my friends to vote for a similar reason. Its hard to vote in non-Presidential years, which means that the more determined (aka older voters) will get more of a say. Regardless I think that in 2 years the Democrats will come back when its a Presidential election and people realize that many of the candidates were all talk no substance.

might as well just stay at home, IMO

lol, you weren't kidding about his web page being written in Latin. What the f***. Google translate doesn't even pick half of it up.

"Vestibulum iaculis lacinia est" is e-mail address apparently... didn't know they used computers in Rome.

It depends on how late I have to work. If I dont get home until after 7 Ill just probably leave it to fate.

Not that it really matters because I hope that Congress is in gridlock for another 2 years so that the country can see how stupid politics have become and maybe people can start to be reasonable. Im just so tired of people drawing lines in the sand where they wont make reasonable accommodations for the good of the whole.

The main reason I would vote is because I am actually some what concerned that if Republicans get in power that they will absolutely destroy the economy beyond repair.

I know its a little known fact, but Reagan basically tripled the US debt. I am really nervous that many of these people who are so keen on cutting taxes wont realize that you cant spend what you dont have. And will end up putting the US further and further in debt.

No one likes to pay taxes, but to sit here and think that we will be able to increase spending while decreasing revenue is ridiculous.

Anyway everyone has their own opinion, Id just like the country to be in a better position in 2 years than it is now. I sincerely doubt that will be the case, but hope springs eternal.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)

I really hope this is true. I hope in 2 years that most of our generation will come out in droves again and re-elect Obama for another term.