4/8 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
From what I've read, he's a raw speed/power type player, so I wouldn't compare him to Owens.

I would say as far as a prospect, he reminds me of Luis Terrero. You can take that however you wanna take it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Shirek's in the bullpen now?

This seemed like a likely scenario beginning last year. He'd had success along the way, but he seemed to never go very deep into games, and typically ran out of gas as the season went on. He's also got good velocity and one good secondary pitch, but that's really it. As a reliever, he can put more on the fastball and strike more guys out. Also, he's a bit small for a guy who throws 95, and this may help protect his arm.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
This seemed like a likely scenario beginning last year. He'd had success along the way, but he seemed to never go very deep into games, and typically ran out of gas as the season went on. He's also got good velocity and one good secondary pitch, but that's really it. As a reliever, he can put more on the fastball and strike more guys out. Also, he's a bit small for a guy who throws 95, and this may help protect his arm.

Small weight-wise, he's very tall.