SOS!

Ishmookie

We have several things working in our favor. We have a very good 1-2-3 combo(neither the Royals or Twins have that). We have an offense that is finally showing signs of life(given, the Royals beat our asses pretty good tonight, but they don't do that often, and the Twins have been mediocre offensively to say the least), and our 1-2 punch in the pen is second to no one in the division, though Minny has us as far as overall pen goes. If I had to make a guess, I'd say our bullpen is as good if not better then the Royals pen. The only thing the Royals really have on us is their manager, but that is a huge advantage.

Regardless, we still play the Royals something like 8 or 9 more times after today's game. A lot of ground will be made up in that stretch, and if I'm thinking right here, the Twins and Royals have a stretch here in the next 2 or 3 weeks where they play each other 7 or 8 times. Let's hope they beat up on each other during that stretch and each win about the same amount of games, or if they play 7 times, let's hope the Twins go 4-3.

That's why they PLAY the games.  Anything can happen on any given night.  Henceforth, SOS is overrated.

I disagree Heather. SOS is not refering to a given night. It is measuring the overall strength of your remaining opponents. We've got a tough row to hoe if we are going to win this thing.

I disagree Heather.  SOS is not refering to a given night.  It is measuring the overall strength of your remaining opponents.  We've got a tough row to hoe if we are going to win this thing.

DUH! I could've told you that.

All I was saying is that, since anything can happen on any given night, SOS is useless, as it doesn't guarantee s***.

We've got a tough row to hoe if we are going to win this thing.

Well we'd better start beating the better teams if we plan to do anything in the playoffs, should we make it. It would be a good start to show that we can win against teams like the A's, Mariners or Yankees.

DUH!  I could've told you that.

All I was saying is that, since anything can happen on any given night, SOS is useless, as it doesn't guarantee s***.

That just seems like a complete contradiction of itself to me. That's why I pointed out the obvious.

All those teams suck.  Was there a point here? :huh:

Toronto is a way better team thean Tampa. L.A. likewise than San Diego, the Sox much better then Detroit then the rsults have shown. Therefore the teams' record doesn't nessciarily correlate to how two teams match up against one another and hence why you can predict too much based on strength of schedule.

Toronto is a way better team thean Tampa.  L.A. likewise than San Diego, the Sox much better then Detroit then the rsults have shown.  Therefore the teams' record doesn't nessciarily correlate to how two teams match up against one another and hence why you can predict too much based on strength of schedule.

Dude youre talking about two .500 teams playing two .400 teams. Thats not THAT much different. Noone is way better there, if u exclude the tigers. Of course any of those teams can win a given game. I just dont get your point. Maybe its me.

Dude youre talking about two .500 teams playing two .400 teams.  Thats not THAT much different.  Noone is way better there, if u exclude the tigers.  Of course any  of those teams can win a given game. I just dont get your point.  Maybe its me.

All the .500 ish teams would be strong contenders if they could find a way to beat those the 3 s***tiest teams in the league. Likewise Minny and K.C. can tail into obscurity if they too fail. I think .100+ is a lot, we'd be 46 and 65 if you shaved .100, could just be me though too? :lol:

That just seems like a complete contradiction of itself to me. That's why I pointed out the obvious.

It is NOT a contradiction.

Mathew said it best! SOS does NOT dictate the outcome of a season, nor does it give a team an "upper hand" in a divisional race. Thus, you shouldn't get nervous over the difference of our SOS, since KC could very well lose to teams like Tampa and Baltimore.

If the Sox only want to win the division, they could get away with not doing too well against the Oaklands, Seattles and Neww Yorks. BUT, if they want to win it all, they have no choice but to beat the good ones along with the bad ones.

The time has come to quit b****ing about the schedule and start kicking the s*** out of the competition!

It is NOT a contradiction.

Mathew said it best! SOS does NOT dictate the outcome of a season, nor does it give a team an "upper hand" in a divisional race. Thus, you shouldn't get nervous over the difference of our SOS, since KC could very well lose to teams like Tampa and Baltimore.

I happen to totally disagree.

Guest hotsoxchick1

take it one friggin game at a time....thats all you can do from here on out......we play some hard lookin teams.. who look hard on paper... hell we look hard on paper.... there have been surprises in our season.... we have beaten hard teams... who knows maybe we keep the trend going.. maybe we dont... either way you have to take it one at a time and dont look ahead to the hardness to come..........mho

If we can make the Tigers look like the Yankees maybe we can make the Yankees look like the Tigers? If somebody would step up and look like a closer for a month or two we will be fine. If we have to sit and pucker our ass everytime JM grabs the ball and makes the call we're pretenders.