Birmingham and beyond

Bullard

Well after a long hiatus I am back on the posting circuit. The internet has been hard to come by lately since we've been at home for most of the last month and a half and I have no phone line at my apartment. Anyway, we are sitting pretty in first place in the second half with about 25 games to go. Right now we're in Chatt. Lately our starting pitching has been awesome. Cotts, Pacheco and An have been all giving us solid starts for the last month while Wylie and Yofu have been nearly as strong as the other three. Its amazing the Neal and Pacheco are still here and not in the show. If the Sox were doing s***ty, I would guarantee that those 2 would be up for sure.

Our offense has been up and down but for the most part they have gotten us enough runs to put us in a position to win. Alvarez and Bikowski are on some serious tears (Biko just ended a 16 game hit streak) and Reed has been pretty good as well. The rest of the line up has contributed as well, as it seems we have a different offensive hero each night.

The bullpen, who according to the coaches, are either gonna make it or break it for us, has been pretty solid for the most part. Baj, myself and Meaux have all pitched well since the All star break, while Smitty has begun to pitch better too his last couple of outings.

Thats all I got for now cuz we have the bus to the field in 10 min.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a long hiatus I am back on the posting circuit.  The internet has been hard to come by lately since we've been at home for most of the last month and a half and I have no phone line at my apartment.  Anyway, we are sitting pretty in first place in the second half with about 25 games to go.  Right now we're in Chatt.  Lately our starting pitching has been awesome.  Cotts, Pacheco and An have been all giving us solid starts for the last month while Wylie and Yofu have been nearly as strong as the other three.  Its amazing the Neal and Pacheco are still here and not in the show.  If the Sox were doing s***ty, I would guarantee that those 2 would be up for sure.

Our offense has been up and down but for the most part they have gotten us enough runs to put us in a position to win.  Alvarez and Bikowski are on some serious tears (Biko just ended a 16 game hit streak) and Reed has been pretty good as well.  The rest of the line up has contributed as well, as it seems we have a different offensive hero each night. 

The bullpen, who according to the coaches, are either gonna make it or break it for us, has been pretty solid for the most part.  Baj, myself and Meaux have all pitched well since the All star break, while Smitty has begun to pitch better too his last couple of outings. 

Thats all I got for now cuz we have the bus to the field in 10 min.

well, congrats to you and the guys for the success you have been having.

good luck

Bullard!!!

Thanks for the report from one of our young guys on the rise. It'll be great when you make it to the Cell, because we'll all have some personal history with you.

Sounds like the season is going well. I have two little ones and they recently went to their first "pro" game. I have relatives out out near Charlotte and also near Birmingham. Maybe they'll get to take in a few games next summer!

Thanks again for the update. Good luck in the playoffs.

Forkit!

Jim, you say "Reed has been pretty good as well."  From his numbers, he appears to be the real deal.  Any thoughts from you in this regard?

I think he meant he's been "pretty good" as of late. Bull, acknowledged that he was lights out early on. Lately, he has been solid, but when you hit .500 the first few weeks and then drop to .400, I guess relatively speaking, that is just pretty good. LOL

If I recall correctly, Bull was very complimentary of Reed at that point.

yep, the question I think many of us have is:

Can Reed play center field in the big leagues?

what kind of range does he have?

And arm?

he's not going to be the right fielder as long as Maggs is around -- and let's hope that is for a long time.

Reed can play CF in the bigs. He may not be a gold glover, but he is very solid. His arm is more than good enough to handle CF. He has made many spectacular plays so far for the Barons.

I am not sure why BA and others say his defense is suspect. I certainly have not seen it in Birmingham.

And arm?

he's not going to be the right fielder as long as Maggs is around -- and let's hope that is for a long time.

Reed can play CF in the bigs. He may not be a gold glover, but he is very solid. His arm is more than good enough to handle CF. He has made many spectacular plays so far for the Barons.

I am not sure why BA and others say his defense is suspect. I certainly have not seen it in Birmingham.

Yes, but you have a biased interest..... ;)

And arm?

That's right. I overhype everyone......... I'll get real and admit it just for you Bmr....... REED SUCKS He couldn't play LF on my son's LL team. That make you feel better??

And arm?

That's right. I overhype everyone......... I'll get real and admit it just for you Bmr....... REED SUCKS He couldn't play LF on my son's LL team. That make you feel better??

Thats not what i meant....dont be so touchy, geez.

And arm?

Then say what you ficking mean!

And arm?

Then say what you ficking mean!

Cant, that would be wrong. I shouldnt have said anything, sorry.

Rex hit the nail on the head in his interpretation of my assessment of Reeder. When I say he is doing pretty well now I mean that he hasnt been ungodly like he was when he first got here in June. But thats expected of course. No one can hit .500 for half a season except maybe me!! He got 3 or 4 more hits tonight in our 5-3 loss so maybe he's about to venture back into the world of ungodliness. Anyway he could, and most likely will play centerfield for the Sox. He has some serious range and even better instincts out there and his arm is a 50 on the 20-80 scale.(meaning it is big league avg.) He reminds me a lot of Steve Finley. He, along with Durham and Biko cover more ground in the OF than I have ever been apart of. Especially playing in a big park like ours, its nice to have guys roaming the OF that can cover the gaps and balls that are blooped in front of them.

And everyone here should also listen to what Rex has to say about us becuz he's usually pretty dead on with his assessments of our team and players.

I just wish the man would come out of hiding and introduce himself to me before the season ends. (Hint, Hint) Or at the very least he should introduce himself to Neal.

Guest hotsoxchick1

And arm?

when did you have a son?????? ;) sorry.. couldnt resist....... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Rex hit the nail on the head in his interpretation of my assessment of Reeder.  When I say he is doing pretty well now I mean that he hasnt been ungodly like he was when he first got here in June.  But thats expected of course.  No one can hit .500 for half a season except maybe me!!  He got 3 or 4 more hits tonight in our 5-3 loss so maybe he's about to venture back into the world of ungodliness.  Anyway he could, and most likely will play centerfield for the Sox.  He has some serious range and even better instincts out there and his arm is a 50 on the 20-80 scale.(meaning it is big league avg.)  He reminds me a lot of Steve Finley.  He, along with Durham and Biko cover more ground in the OF than I have ever been apart of.  Especially playing in a big park like ours, its nice to have guys roaming the OF that can cover the gaps and balls that are blooped in front of them. 

And everyone here should also listen to what Rex has to say about us becuz he's usually pretty dead on with his assessments of our team and players.

I just wish the man would come out of hiding and introduce himself to me before the season ends. (Hint, Hint) Or at the very least he should introduce himself to Neal.

:nono not nice to be callin rex out like that :nono those who have a need to know ... know...... ;) :D

I'm not calling Rex out. I just want to meet the man. I think he's very knowledgeable and I just wanna be graced with his spirits. Every game Neal and I look around at the crowd trying to figure out who the man is. He is a great mystery to us Barons. :sosasucks

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm not calling Rex out.  I just want to meet the man.  I think he's very knowledgeable and I just wanna be graced with his spirits.  Every game Neal and I look around at the crowd trying to figure out who the man is.  He is a great mystery to us Barons. :sosasucks

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know ........ ;) i mean who he is... just look for the guy eatin hotdogs and drinkin oldstyle with the funny cubbie stuff all over the cans... then youll know who he is........ ;)