AND THAT'S A MARK BUEHRLE WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (balfanman @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
I don't have anything to back this up, but I can see Kansas City as a dark horse in Buehrles' situation. K.C. is as close to his home as Chicago is, they have more of a "pitchers park" than the Sox do, and with K.C.'s up and coming offense he could pile up some wins with that kind of support.

Kansas City could feel that an upgrade to their pitching staff could make them serious contenders next season, and I think that they could be right. I'm sure that Buehrle has noticed this too and if the Sox don't make him a respectable offer I think that K.C. would have a better chance than most other clubs at his services.

That's a sound idea, but he has stated that as much as this division has seen him over the years, he'd kind of like to face some new hitters. Going to KC does not accomplish that.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
That's a sound idea, but he has stated that as much as this division has seen him over the years, he'd kind of like to face some new hitters. Going to KC does not accomplish that.

He'd get to face the Sox hitters, and we all know what a junkballing lefty with a good change does to the Sox...

I think that Mark probably would be better in the National League, but you can say that about most pitchers. He strikes me as the type that does not want to stray too far from home, so other teams (Yankees, Red Sox, etc) would probably have to pony up a lot more than he is worth. If the White Sox don't offer something reasonable, and the Cardinals can't afford him, then it seems to me that teams like K.C., or maybe Milwaukee, would have the best shot at him.